Attention Pandora

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
I need your advice, or opinion... or something.

I've been doing a little bit of research and I've been seriously thinking about a Cavalier King Charles and I'm wondering what you can tell me about them (other then they are expensive as hell and nearly impossible to find...)

We don't have a huge back yard so there isn't much room to run around, so should we hold off until we buy something bigger (say 5 years??) or will daily walks be enough??

And of course, how will would one take to my 2 demon cats :fly:

:heart:

372460ae939ecee4.png

I fail to see the purpose in pointing out your intent to send *fuxx furlong* a private message. And I'm fairly certain I have enough scotch and vodka sitting next to me to not care enough to make a paltry chop and/or horse joke. But I believe there was just enough to make this post.

I fail to see the purpose in pointing out your intent to send *fuxx furlong* a private message. And I'm fairly certain I have enough scotch and vodka sitting next to me to not care enough to make a paltry chop and/or horse joke. But I believe there was just enough to make this post.

Well, we dont have a "PM" button, so it was the next closest thingy, I didnt feel like finding pandora.

Who's this *fuxx furlong* you speak of...

:shifty:

And plus, I wanted to open it up to anyone who many have information for me- I just called out pandora because in another thread she said she knew everything about puppahs...

They are little dogs, I shouldnt think they need much of a walk but they are definitely one of the ones who dont do well alone. Personally I think you should get a mutt from the pound but eh.

They are little dogs, I shouldnt think they need much of a walk but they are definitely one of the ones who dont do well alone. Personally I think you should get a mutt from the pound but eh.

I agree, there are a lot of great dogs (and mutts) that need a loving home.

I know someone who has 2 cavalier king charles. They are small, tend to shed a lot and have a medium amount of energy. Probably would be okay with a couple walks a day and some play in the house. They are mild mannered, maybe a little bit timid even. And that's all I have to say about that. /Gump.

First off, my first recommendation is to adopt. As many as 25% of dogs entering shelters each year are purebreds. However there are many benefits to mixed breed dogs. Primarly, mixed breed do not have the health issues that many pure breeds suffer from.

If your heart is set on a Cavalier tho, they are a great breed to own. Most spaniel breeds are sweet happy go lucky dogs that require low to moderate levels of activity/exercise. If you want a small dog Cavaliers are great because they are the smallest of the spaniel breed. They also require the least amount of exercise compared to other spaniels. And spaniels also make great family pets so if you're planning on having kids a Cavaliers would be a great dog for you.

On the down side, spaniels are prone to ear problems because of how their ears grow. The cocker spaniel I had growing up had constant ear infections and finally had to have surgery to remove most of her ear. Spaniels are also notorious piddlers. They might pee when they get overly excited (ie when a friend comes to visit). So if you get one take precautions when a guest is coming into your home. Lastly, you will have to adhere to a strict diet with them. Many Cavaliers have weight issues because they love to eat but aren't very active. You probably won't be able to leave food out for them, only feeding them once or twice a day, totaling their recommended daily allowance. Many breeds are like that tho, we even have to do that for our greyhound because she's a total chow hound. Fortunately this makes them easier to train tho, since food is a big motivator for them.

:heart: Pandie

Thanks Pandora. I've always wanted one but at the same time I've always adopted my pets. So I'm extremely torn- and the chances of finding one to adopt seen about as likely as there is a million in my bank account :(