WTF ATT buys Tmobile

I've spoken with an Engineer at Verizon and he said within a year tops all of their network will be doing voice over LTE so you will be forced to upgrade to a compatible device. I'm sure this will be the same on all networks soon.

There is no way that one year from now they will force everyone to buy a new phone. Not gonna happen.

There is no way that one year from now they will force everyone to buy a new phone. Not gonna happen.

No because anyone who has a recent phone is capable of doing voice over LTE just true LTE. It will force the older phones off though.

No because anyone who has a recent phone is capable of doing voice over LTE just true LTE. It will force the older phones off though.

That seems a little more reasonable. However, does that mean you'll only be able to buy a data plan from them? They're gonna need a ton of consumer education before doing something like that...

:waw: I gotta get out this shit hole.

Just out of curiosity, and not to start a war in this thread (we can open up another thread for that), do you have a strategy or plan for moving your family out? You obviously don't like it, and juli isn't working, so it is really just a matter of you getting a new position someplace else. Do you have a 5 year planned goal for moving out? Are things in motion we all just don't know about?

Also I think it's funny TMo announced more phone releases to happen later this year. Still running their 3G freq that they don't share with ATT (1700mHz). ATT said they would be eliminating that freq and moving forward with theirs instead. so what is going to happen to these phones running with dead frequencies?

Just out of curiosity, and not to start a war in this thread (we can open up another thread for that), do you have a strategy or plan for moving your family out? You obviously don't like it, and juli isn't working, so it is really just a matter of you getting a new position someplace else. Do you have a 5 year planned goal for moving out? Are things in motion we all just don't know about?

Also I think it's funny TMo announced more phone releases to happen later this year. Still running their 3G freq that they don't share with ATT (1700mHz). ATT said they would be eliminating that freq and moving forward with theirs instead. so what is going to happen to these phones running with dead frequencies?

Juli has kids whose father lives in the states. They can't leave.

THe plan right now is to deal with this shit hole until I can no longer take it any more. Which might not be too far away with the way things are going..

Things suck no matter where you live. It's all how you choose to live, and what you choose to live with.

That's true. Things will not be perfect in Australia. Australia isn't even where I want to live, I just want to live near my family.

There is also large corporations in Australia and they are also trying to exploit the country for their gains, but not as bad as the corporations over here.

That's true. Things will not be perfect in Australia. Australia isn't even where I want to live, I just want to live near my family.

There is also large corporations in Australia and they are also trying to exploit the country for their gains, but not as bad as the corporations over here.

I can seriously understand hating living away from family. I hated it when I was only 8 hours away. I cannot imagine being halfway around the world from them.

I can seriously understand hating living away from family. I hated it when I was only 8 hours away. I cannot imagine being halfway around the world from them.

After moving to Texas away from 90% of my family in Ohio, I have to say I was quite ok with teh move. Personally I wouldn't mind a relocation half way around the world. I am already in another country (more or less)

I don't understand people that WANT to live near their family.

A good base of friends is a helluva lot more fun than family.

Mine lives about 35 minutes away which is just about perfect. I can see them whenever I want but they are too lazy to drop in on me unplanned.