atlanta people, free movie tonight

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
Just show up if interested. Going to decide if I go at the end of the workday.

Hi everyone!

We need your help for an event tonight at Landmark Midtown Art Cinema. Its a screening of a documentary called GUNNER PALACE:

Told first-hand by our troops, GUNNER PALACE reveals the complex realities of the situation in Iraq not seen on the nightly news. Filmmaker Michael Tucker, who lived with 2/3 Field Artillery, a.k.a. "The Gunners" for two months, captures the lives and humanity of these soldiers whose barracks are the bombed-out pleasure palace of Uday Hussein (nicknamed Gunner Palace), situated in the heart of the most volatile section of Baghdad. With total access to all operations and activities, Tucker's insider footage provides a rare look at the day-to-day lives of these soldiers on the ground -- whether swimming in Uday's pool and playing golf on his putting green or executing raids on suspected terrorists, enduring roadside bombs, mortar attacks, RPGs and snipers.

We will be having a free showing of GUNNER PALACE on Thursday, February 10 at 7:00pm at Landmark Midtown Art Cinema at 931 Monroe Drive in Midtown. Immediately following the screening, there will be a question and answer session with the film's director, Michael Tucker and a soldier featured in the film, Jon Powers.

I know its last minute, but if you could forward this to anyone who you think would be interested in attending tonight's screening. They could use this e-mail to gain access. It would be very much appreciated.

I saw the preview for that at Apple's site. Looks pretty good. Kinda sad/funny when the guy is talking about the lack of armor on their hummers.

CletusJones said:
let's all move to texas so april doesn't have to move. besides, i don't think they make moving vans big enough to move all her specially made furnature.

I don't have a gun to bring. They won't let me in.