ATL Tube Meat?

Sp`ange

Flaccid Member
Nov 19, 2004
33.745091, -84.390205
www.uselessforums.com
Marklar
₥0
I was thinkin' about a tubing trip this summer in Helen, GA (1.5 hours North of Atlanta). Pack up some coolers and hit the river. then hang out in Helen and get some grub or something.

http://www.coolrivertubing.com/ - $5 & mulitcolored tubes!

http://www.helentubing.com - $3 & pink tubes!

note: DNR doesn't allow coolers on the river. you could be fined for taking one.

what do you guys think? date?

theacoustician said:
Does this mean we can pan for gold/gems too? Or is that only in Dahlonega?

you can do that on the way to helen...I've always wanted to do that but never have...I'm sure it'll get old in about 5 minutes but still be fun to do once

SpangeMonkee said:
yeah, there a lot of places to pan for gold and what-not. you pay like $10 to pan a little bit of gold. like maybe $5 worth of granules or something.
Eh, its not to make money. I just think it would be cool.

theacoustician said:
Eh, its not to make money. I just think it would be cool.

I agree. Tubing would be fun but I have no clue on a date. My problem is my wife works Saturdays and that's when I do one on one Dad time with my son. My dad never got a chance to do that with me when I was kid so I make sure to do it with him.

b_sinning said:
I agree. Tubing would be fun but I have no clue on a date. My problem is my wife works Saturdays and that's when I do one on one Dad time with my son. My dad never got a chance to do that with me when I was kid so I make sure to do it with him.

Bring the kiddo. Then Mini B_sinning can play with Mini Thorn Bird. :fly:

April23 said:
Any BIG tubes for a gal like me?

I saw this kick-ass show on the Discovery Channel last night about a ship called the Blue Marlin. They flooded its ballast tanks to the point that the deck actually submerged below the surface of the water, and then they floated a 60,000-ton oil rig (fully built) over the middle of it and pumped all the ballast back out so that the ship floated back up again and lifted the rig right out of the water. Apparently it's the world's most powerful heavy-lifting ship. It was amazing.

Sarcasmo said:
I saw this kick-ass show on the Discovery Channel last night about a ship called the Blue Marlin. They flooded its ballast tanks to the point that the deck actually submerged below the surface of the water, and then they floated a 60,000-ton oil rig (fully built) over the middle of it and pumped all the ballast back out so that the ship floated back up again and lifted the rig right out of the water. Apparently it's the world's most powerful heavy-lifting ship. It was amazing.

I saw parts of that too, but missed most of it (waiting for Deadliest Catch). Next time it airs I'll have to watch the whole thing.

Sarcasmo said:

It might work for April. :iono: