ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,087
Customer Subdues Robber With Applesauce

Jul 18, 11:35 PM (ET)

PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A customer at a city grocery tackled an armed robber and beat him with a can of applesauce when he refused to drop his gun, police said.

The suspect shot himself in the head during the struggle, and passed out after the 66-year-old customer administered four blows to the head with the Mott's applesauce.

"Finally, the guy passes out," said Det. Curtis Matthews. "There's blood everywhere - on the floor, all over."

About 15 customers were in Gomez Grocery in the city's East Germantown section when the gunman walked in Sunday afternoon, jumped atop a small freezer and pointed the gun at store owner Eddie Gomez, police said.

Customer Thomas Santana, who is 5-foot-4, grabbed the 6-foot-1 gunman from behind when he was on the freezer, and with help from Gomez knocked him down.

The suspect, 23-year-old Thomas Reyes, was in stable condition at a hospital, and was expected to be charged with attempted murder, attempted robbery and other charges, authorities said.

I only eat the jar kind :drool:

applesauce.jpg

b_sinning said:
Mott's should make a comcerial based on that story.
Well, it would all be fun and games until Ted Kennedy decides to outlaw applesauce. You of course realise that you can walk into ANY grocery store and buy it without any kind of waiting period. Every day millions of children and elderly people are left alone with teh applesauce. It is obviously a great danger to our society and has no sporting purposes.

FlamingGlory said:
Well, it would all be fun and games until Ted Kennedy decides to outlaw applesauce. You of course realise that you can walk into ANY grocery store and buy it without any kind of waiting period. Every day millions of children and elderly people are left alone with teh applesauce. It is obviously a great danger to our society and has no sporting purposes.
:lol: but of course he and DiFi will be allowed to have applesauce because of the unique congressional dietary concerns

ChikkenNoodul said:
Let's not forget the HIGH capacity applesauce available at warehouse stores, like Costco, BJ's, and Sam's Club.
Not to mention the deadly "cop killer" applesauce, designed to horrifically empty an LEO's intestinal tract in mere minutes :eek:

edit: hey hey, you guys should read John Mott's book "More Applesauce, Less Crime" :lol:

Drool-Boy said:
When applesauce is outlawed, only outlaws will have applesauce.
goddamnit I have the RIGHT to keep and bear applesauce :mad: not just hand squished applesauce like the founders had, I'm talking high tech genetically engineered and machine-squished applesauce.

if someone breaks into MY house in the middle of the night HOW am I supposed to preserve my daily fiber requirements and those of my family without unrestricted access to the applesauce of my choosing?

FlyNavy said:
goddamnit I have the RIGHT to keep and bear applesauce :mad: not just hand squished applesauce like the founders had, I'm talking high tech genetically engineered and machine-squished applesauce.

if someone breaks into MY house in the middle of the night HOW am I supposed to preserve my daily fiber requirements and those of my family without unrestricted access to the applesauce of my choosing?

I'm forming an applesauce militia.:mad:
When the ATF (Bureau of Applesauce, Tobacco, and Firearms) come after me,they'll get a can of applesauce right between the eyes.