Thread Assassinating US Citizens

you'll never get him back here for a trial and he may cause even worse damage in the mean time. I support the decision if it's based off sound fact

I don't know.

On the one hand, giving the executive branch the authority to sanction assassinations is a slippery slope that has the potential to lead into things like assassination of political opponents, etc.

On the other hand, some people just need to be... "neutralized", and there's not always a clean way to get that done.

As long as it's restricted to people who really, REALLY have it coming, I'd be inclined to leave it alone.

We've always killed people who pose threats to our nation. What difference does it make if they are "American?"

Wanted: Dead or Alive.

If he wants it to be alive, with a fair trial under his constitutional rights, etc. he should turn himself in. I doubt he'll be shot on site if he makes a few calls and voluntarily gives his ass up... however, he's also been deemed enough of a threat that if killing him is the only way to bring him in, so be it.

Last edited:
he's obviously persona non grata as far as the US is concerned so I don't think it matters at this point.

That doesn't mean that he doesn't have rights. We're fucking America, not Israel.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

That doesn't mean that he doesn't have rights. We're fucking America, not Israel.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I guess you've never heard of gitmo

Come on, you can't be for this man... Military or not.

Again, it's the exact same thing as wanted dead or alive.

All obama has done is put it into the jurisdiction of the military (who usually isn't in charge of persueing americans) and opened it up to a world wide manhunt instead of just within our own borders.

Again, it's the exact same thing as wanted dead or alive.

All obama has done is put it into the jurisdiction of the military (who usually isn't in charge of persueing americans) and opened it up to a world wide manhunt instead of just within our own borders.

If the line isn't killing American citizens, then where is it? What if he was in the US, would it be ok then to launch a Predator to kill him? Where do you draw the fucking line if it isnt killing American citizens (who are protected from the government by the Constitution no matter where they are). That's a slippery slope that I think is a huge mistake.

Come on, you can't be for this man... Military or not.

still debating it in my head

yeah it's treason

yeah you need due process

there needs to be a way to reconcile both issues without risking either our rights or our safety. I sure don't have the answer

but if I were tasked with the mission would I do it?

If the line isn't killing American citizens, then where is it? What if he was in the US, would it be ok then to launch a Predator to kill him? Where do you draw the fucking line if it isnt killing American citizens (who are protected from the government by the Constitution no matter where they are). That's a slippery slope that I think is a huge mistake.

somewhere between terrorist known for helping kill innocent civilians and our troops taking refuge in hostile countries we're at war with, and your neighbor Fred.

this guy is an expatriot, he's no more a US citizen than chikkens defunct left testicle.