Asparagus + Bacon = Win!

SpangeMonkee said:
so, the grillign turned out very poorly. it all burned. I'm not sure if I should've put tin foil down or something. the bacon grease just fueled the flames. hmmm.. I was cookin on low. any suggestions.

I was wondering about that. Bacon usually burns on the grill. Evern when you make Filet wrapped in bacon, whatever is touching the grill over chars. I have no idea how to fix that....maybe you can find something on food tv?

JJ Lady said:
I was wondering about that. Bacon usually burns on the grill. Evern when you make Filet wrapped in bacon, whatever is touching the grill over chars. I have no idea how to fix that....maybe you can find something on food tv?

hmm. good idea. I saw the original recipe on "30 min meals".

edit:

Food TV - 30 Min Meals said:
These bundles can be easily prepared on outdoor grill or in a hot oven.

1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, trimmed 4 to 5 inches long tips
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
A few grinds black pepper
4 slices center cut bacon or pancetta
Chopped chives or scallions, optional garnish

Preheat oven, if using, to 400 degrees F.

Lightly coat asparagus spears in extra-virgin olive oil. Season the asparagus with black pepper. Take a quick count of the spear tips. Divide the total number by four. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until bacon is crisp and asparagus bundles are tender.

For oven preparation, place bundles on slotted broiler pan. Bake 12 minutes.

wtf temp is 'hot'? bitch ass bitch.

Last edited:
JJ Lady said:
aluminum foil on the grill. and Pam spray. it works for me.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
ewwww Asparagus :barf:

Agreed. If I'm going to have bacon I think it should be seperated from something equally as icky as it is good. Now...chicken wrapped in bacon...mmmmm! :)

Even though I hate asparagus, you have succeeded in making me hungry. I am unsure of what I can make to eat however.