Asking for donations for my wifes 3-day breast cancer walk - UF CONTEST!

DoubleJ

Half-staff Member
Oct 30, 2008
Shelton, WA
Marklar
₥0
First, thanks to Fly for letting me post this.

I need UF's help. As I posted in a thread a few days ago, my wife just had a breast cancer scare. It's ironic because she had, months ago, signed up for the Susan G. Koeman Breast Cancer 3-day walk.

Anyway, what I'm asking for is donations to her Susan G. Koeman 3-day walk to fight breast cancer fund. She needs to raise $2,300 to qualify to walk. The link below in her letter sends donations DIRECTLY to Susan G. Koeman under my wifes name. We never see or handle the money so, it's not like I'm doing this to scam anyone or financially benefit in any way. She has been trying to raise money for some time now and only has about $300 raised. I told her I would see if UF could help.

Mrs. DoubleJ said:
I have taken on an incredible challenge. On October 2-4 2009, I’ll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days, camping out at night with thousands of other women and men taking this journey with me.

It’s for an event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Almost every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising at least $2,300 to help bring us closer to that goal.

Please consider making a donation of any amount to help with this cause. If you can’t give an amount all at once, you can spread it out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at http://www.the3day.org/goto/AndiJ78. Please also ask your employer if they will double your donation with a matching gift. You'd be suprised at the number of employers that will.

As this journey began, I found a suspicious mass in my own breast. I am currently in the process of having it evaluated for cancer. I am only 30 years old, an age once thought to be too young to even consider as having cancer. Through research and efforts made on behalf of this organization, medical professionals worldwide are now aware that cancer does not discriminate.

Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. That’s why I’m walking in the 3-Day. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.

To make a donation, go to http://www.the3day.org/goto/AndiJ78. Click on Donate Now and search for my personal fundraising page. If you don’t want to donate online, please fill out the enclosed donation form and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone. I would like to reach my fundraising goal As soon as possible, so, if you can help, please don’t delay!

Thank you for taking the time to read this letter, and thank you for your support.

Sincerely,
Andrea Jones

Thank you for your consideration

Edit by Fly: We are having a contest associated with this. Every dollar donated buys you one ticket. At the end, there will be a raffle for your choice of a $50 Applebee's gift cert or a $50 gift cert to J&R electronics. This contest will end on March 14th, 2009 and a drawing will be held shortly after. That gives you hobos just over two weeks to come up with some jack.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT YOUR FORUM NAME WHERE IT SAYS:
Your name or message as you wish it to appear on the Honor Roll:

EDIT 2/25/09 20:00:
Mrs Dub J has decided to throw in a gift basket for the winner as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me check. My sister is a breat cancer survivor. Got it at 27. wtf.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure she is doing this too, so obviously, my donations will go there.

If not, I'll throw in for your wife.

couple of random thoughts:

1. walking 60 miles is stupid
2. paying $2300 for the priveledge to do so is really fuckin stupid
3. i've never spent this much money before on breasts without actually getting to see them...
4. if she doesnt do all 60 miles, do i get a refund?
5. you're welcome.

couple of random thoughts:

1. walking 60 miles is stupid

- I agree. She's walking though so, more power to her.

2. paying $2300 for the priveledge to do so is really fuckin stupid

- Money goes to a really good cause though.

3. i've never spent this much money before on breasts without actually getting to see them...

- Pics are on their way ;)

4. if she doesnt do all 60 miles, do i get a refund?

- You'd have to talk to the Susan G. Komen. They have shuttles to take her all the way if she can't walk it all.

5. you're welcome.

- Thank you so much