Ask your food questions here!

JJ Lady said:
You can't come in here and not post something good! I want a recipe out of you!! Come on! :)
Don't have much at work. They're all at home. But I did post a recipe for Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding in the KK thread.

theacoustician said:
Don't have much at work. They're all at home. But I did post a recipe for Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding in the KK thread.

Thats right. And that in itself rocks! :)

Think I can pursuade you to post your steak marinade? :hi2u:

As Promised...the BEST carrot souffle EVER!

1 and 1/2 lbs carrots (Iprefer the baby ones, already peeled)
1/2 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/2 TBS Baking Powder
1 and 1/2 cups sugar (regular granulated sugar)
1/2 to 1 tsp Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Boil carrots until soft (fork tender). Puree carrots (blender or food processor and mis in remaining ingredients. be sure to mix in eggs while blender is running to avoid curdling. place in a cassarole dish or souffle pan. A round deep ceremic dish will work. Bake for 1hr 10mins or until middle is set.
:drool:

Stolen from a friend.

OK, I'm going to do something I said I would never do. I'm going to share one of my own secret recipes with everyone. I have two that are very special; one I will never give up. Here goes...

We'll do a serving for two and if you want more people it's real easy to add proportions...

- 2 good sized boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of cheese/meat Tortellini (You can find this in the cheese cooler isle. I think DiGiorno makes it, but use whatever you like.)
- McCormick's Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken Seasoning (Secret ingredient #1)
- Grape seed oil (VERY hard to find in a normal grocery store. I think it's seasonal or something, but it's secret ingredient #2 and is GREAT for cooking almost anything. Even steaks, but I'll share that one later. Oh and grape seed is one of the best antioxidants for the body)
- Black and red pepper (Buy it as a blend)
- Pinch of Italian Seasoning (Buy it as a blend)
- 1 jar of alfredo sauce
- Veggie of choice or rice

Trim the chicken well. Cut off all fat and grisle. Then cut into bite sized pieces (be creative with your cuts) or leave whole. Put chicken into a bowl with some of the grape seed oil. Use just enough to cover the chicken then use plenty of secret ingredient #1. Pepper to taste and just a pinch of the italian seasoning. This stuff is powerfull so you don't want to over do it. Next, heat up a skillet with about a tablespoon or so of the oil. Once this is hot add chicken. Cook on a med heat until chicken is mostly cooked then turn heat up to sear the outside for a little bit of crisp. DO NOT OVERCOOK. Follow the directions on the tortellini and heat up the alfredo in a sauce pan. Do whatever you want for the last side dish.

Once all is done, mix pasta and sauce in pan then dish out to plate. Place chicken on top of the bed of pasta and do whatever you want for the last side dish. Salad and garlic bread are highly recommended along with a nice white wine. I prefer a Zin. ENJOY!

Since you crazy people don't do this I'll tell you how to make and eat beans on toast:

Make two peices of toast, put half a tin of baked beans in the microwave. Pour beans on toast, eat toast with beans on, if there's too many beans pull a few off with your fork. Repeat until your plate it clear.

Try it. You'll like it.

NeedMoreEmo said:
Since you crazy people don't do this I'll tell you how to make and eat beans on toast:

Make two peices of toast, put half a tin of baked beans in the microwave. Pour beans on toast, eat toast with beans on, if there's too many beans pull a few off with your fork. Repeat until your plate it clear.

Try it. You'll like it.
that's probably one of the grossest things i've ever heard.

NeedMoreEmo said:

Try it. You'll like it.

We call that shit on a shingle