Ask KNYTE anything

Are jpatrick and mojo going to make it out of this Hurricane alive or are they going to end up becoming zombies and eating everyone that does survive?

To give you something to type...

What is your zombie attack plan?

Are jpatrick and mojo going to make it out of this Hurricane alive or are they going to end up becoming zombies and eating everyone that does survive?

If I have faith in anyone in Texas making it out alive with a trail of bodies and poop in his wake, it is my friend Drool.

To give you something to type...

What is your zombie attack plan?

I like how you said "attack", you are a smart girl, whoever married you is a lucky man.

First off, lets define "zombie". For the matter of argument we'll go with the Hollywood/fictional representation of "zombie", that being dead people that walk around and eat you.

However, there can be many real-life "zombies" that while their end goals may be different (ie taking your food versus just eating your guts) are no less dangerous. I honestly believe that a multi-week/month long power outage would turn most large cities into a war zone after civil unrest and mass hysteria. In the end the difference between a zombie and some looter that enters your house with a knife with the intention of taking your food is only academic, the threat to your well-being remains the same. The line that keeps us (humans) in order is an almost invisible thread that would take almost nothing to break. Mass riots, uncontrolled fires, absolute lawless/anarchist behavior can kill just as surely as some disease that makes people like the taste of fresh entrails. Those things could easily happen after a few weeks of Joe Schmoe not having any running water, air conditioning, and American Idol. Do I think that a zombie outbreak is possible? No, not at all. I find the idea and mythos of zombies fascinating, but they are just works of fiction. Do I think there is a very real possibility that I will witness absolute lawlessness and major destruction in my own home town at some point in my life? Yes, absolutely.

But back to "real" zombies...

A common misconception/mistake in zombie fiction (mostly because it's fiction and doing things my way would make for a short story) is the "stay put and wait out it/bunker mentality". People find a place that they think is safe and stay there, then they die. Zombies totally aside this line of thinking is a mistake. Staying put in an UNKNOWN emergency situation is generally a bad idea. It limits your options and confines you to whatever resources are available where you decided to settle. When you "make a stand" it's usually because you are no longer capable of carrying on, so why would you choose to make a stand right out of the gate?

If the zombie apocalypse started up tomorrow I would load my AR, pack up my family, and get as far as I could as fast as I could. I'd head into the deepest, most remote (see high up, elevation wise) that I could find that had the capability to sustain life long-term. Qualities to look for would be clean, running water, a certain level of inaccessibility, and abundant food sources (ie plant and animal life that could be gathered, trapped, or hunted with only a reasonable amount of effort).

Another option would be to go on the offensive. A wise man once said "when there is no defense, attack" and it applies in almost all situations, particularly those where dead people are trying to eat your brains. A group of calm and well-armed people on the offensive could wipe out zombies by the hundreds with proper planning and careful execution. While this plan doesn't make as much sense and getting yourself and those close to safety, it is possible.

Regardless, you wouldn't find me sitting my attic waiting to die, screw all that noise.

That was fun to write.

Last edited:
are the zombie books you read scary?

The reason I don't like watching overly-gory/horror movies is because I have no control over what is visualized and I personally don't like having that stuff in my head. With books I can regulate exactly how far my imagination takes things, so it's only as scary or gory as I decide it's going to be.

how come you never talk to me anymore and that includes answering all of the PMs I've sent you over the past year including questions about pistols

When someone out of state asks I say Tampa Bay area. When someone local asks I say St Pete because I really love living here. This city is way more mellow than Tampa. I am assuming because the averge age here is 50 and above.

An average is an average. It can't be x and x+_

Plus, soul sister, I think the mean is around 39, which rocks because that makes me a youngin'

how come you never talk to me anymore and that includes answering all of the PMs I've sent you over the past year including questions about pistols

wat?

I will happily answer any question you may have, if you sent a PM I may have read it and meant to reply but then gotten distracted, I apologize. Besides, it was probably Fly's fault.

Last edited: