Ask Drool-Boy...

Drool-Boy said:
Well since I dont personally know your parents, I cant say for sure, but IRL what works for me to avoid awkward moments is to crack some jokes or make a silly remark.It lightens the mood and relaxes folks a bit.
If that doesnt work, get them drunk.
they're raging alkies to begin with:(

CletusJones said:
drool -
I was talked into going rollerskating tonight at a roller rink. I would like to make an appearance but not stay the whole time because one of my other friends is having a party that I'd like to attend. How do I tactfully make my exit?

In situations like this I have 2 methods , depending on how well I know the people Im with and how often I have to see them.
1. "The Dissapearing Act" - Hang out for a while, socialize, and when you need to go, head to the bathroom or someplace else away from the group and make a quick exit.
No muss no fuss.

OR

2."Pre-Emptive Apology" - As soon as you get there (and this is important) Tell everyone that you cant stay long because you have a date or something. Be sure that they all know you have to leave early, and when you do, be sure and tell everyone goodby.

Take your pick.

F33nX said:
they're raging alkies to begin with:(

Maybe I dont understand what you mean by "awkward converstaitons"
Do they like to tell you about their bowel movements or their sex life or something?
If so, just yell out "I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS" when they start in. After you do that 2 or 3 times theyll get the idea.

Drool-Boy said:
Maybe I dont understand what you mean by "awkward converstaitons"
Do they like to tell you about their bowel movements or their sex life or something?
If so, just yell out "I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS" when they start in. After you do that 2 or 3 times theyll get the idea.
awkward as in, i don't make enough money, i haven't found a new job and i'm being laid off in a month, and my life is pretty much worthless. those kinds of conversations.

F33nX said:
awkward as in, i don't make enough money, i haven't found a new job and i'm being laid off in a month, and my life is pretty much worthless. those kinds of conversations.

Oh. If someone talks to me that way, I just tell them to fuck off and mind their own business. But thats just me.

Drool-Boy said:
Oh. If someone talks to me that way, I just tell them to fuck off and mind their own business. But thats just me.
these are my parents though. it's kind of hard to tell them to fuck off, especially since i'm like 10 years past that phase:p

CletusJones said:
you should get her some of those magnifying glasses.

GTL00519-01.jpg

That just might cut the time down to 5 minutes