Thread Ask a scooter rider anything

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
Thought it was time for one of these threads. I just finished a "long" road trip, so I am entitled to respond to this thread.

Any questions anyone has? Anyone care?

How long of a trip was it?

74+ miles each way. when you are going no more than 60mph through traffic light sections, it is quite long. About 2 hours nonstop each way. I did stop at a farmer's market on the way down to have some lunch.

74+ miles each way. when you are going no more than 60mph through traffic light sections, it is quite long. About 2 hours nonstop each way. I did stop at a farmer's market on the way down to have some lunch.

Why go so far?

Why go so far?

To galveston beach. Visiting friends. See if I could do it, etc.

IMG_20120721_131921.jpg

I imagine you did this all on one tank of gas as well. I can go about 150 miles on my bike on a single tank, though after the first couple hours I tend to stop every 80-120 miles to rest my backside.

I imagine you did this all on one tank of gas as well. I can go about 150 miles on my bike on a single tank, though after the first couple hours I tend to stop every 80-120 miles to rest my backside.

we all know that Daves backside can take a pounding

Actually 3 tanks. 1.2 gallon tank has a very short range. And highway mileage is less than city mileage (70mpg vs. 85mpg)