Ask a banneee anything

dbzeag claims you're a classic homophobe, wont even goto a bar and drink with him, is that true?

I was nearly, not quite, but almost offended when I read that. Mostly because he knows better and then other people who know me posting my opinions for me.

I've gone on several road trips with Dave. We've spent quite a bit of time in a car together, alone. Dave's been to my house. I've gone out for dinner and beer with Dave, just the two of us. dbzeag's pulled off to the side of the road to let met yarf.

We've had some good times. Dave can be as gay as he wants and it has never bothered me. He's a great person. Gay doesn't have anything to do with it unless you count jokes.

Whats a good program to view (not edit) .prt files?
I tried "product view express" but it kinda sucks , and my work isnt going to set me up with proE just to look at models.

Whats a good program to view (not edit) .prt files?
I tried "product view express" but it kinda sucks , and my work isnt going to set me up with proE just to look at models.

I wouldn't set you up with pro-e for one model either. You're lookin at 10-20k for one seat. Have you considered paying an outside firm a hundred bucks to convert the drawing to what you are using or can use?

All my CAD/CAM software is one the other computer, lemme check.

edit> I know there are multiple viewers available. Are you having a problem?

Last edited:
I wouldn't set you up with pro-e for one model either. You're lookin at 10-20k for one seat. Have you considered paying an outside firm a hundred bucks to convert the drawing to what you are using or can use?

All my CAD/CAM software is one the other computer, lemme check.

Nah, I dont want to convert them or anything. I just need to be able to view them so I can put together quotes for time estimates & what not.

Nah, I dont want to convert them or anything. I just need to be able to view them so I can put together quotes for time estimates & what not.

I always had to do that with prints.

I made my own models when we got into the 3d engineering and machining in the beginning. I'm guessing you have some sort of CAD program in use at your gubment facility. I would make a point of mentioning that you could use a seat. I don't know what you use but I am sure they will have an add-on for pro/e.

I find it hard to believe that NASA isn't using pro/e or pro/m. Or at least give you something that converts so you can read.

edit> yeah, i'm avoiding mentioning the free ones.

Last edited: