Asians are the new Muslims. Video games still kill people regardless.

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6710/

Texas county student punished for making Counter-Strike map
Leo Chan - Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007 | 12:43PM (PST)

Fort Bend high school investigating student who made Counter-Strike map based on school
Asian students and Valve Software's Counter-Strike are thrust into the media spotlight once again thanks to new developments in Fort Bend, Texas. A Clements High School student has been suspended and placed into a correctional center when it was discovered that he created and uploaded a custom map for Counter-Strike, which was modelled after the high school. The school initially feared a possible reprisal of the Virginia Tech school shootings thanks to the involvement of a "violent" video game, though it has noted elsewhere that the fact the student in question was Chinese adds an eerie parallel to the VT tragedy which involved another Asian student.
The Clements senior student has not been arrested over the map, but risks losing credits needed for college entrance as a result of being transferred; the student was previously set to be a part of the school's latest graduating class. A district school board meeting to consider the appeal of the school's decision was cancelled when "four board members stayed away". School officials apparently wish to leave nothing to chance, and hope to have the matter investigated further. On the other side of the fence, Fort Bend's local Chinese community is rallying in support for the student and are speaking out against the labelling of Asian students as threats thanks to the VT tragedy.
Two trustees said they called the meeting because school district officials overreacted when the Clements High School student was punished. Board members Stan Magee and Ken Bryant said the special meeting could have expedited the resolution of the case.
Magee said district officials went overboard when the 17-year-old boy was suspended from school and placed in the M.R. Wood Alternative Education Center.
"I think we overreacted as a result of the Virginia Tech ordeal," Magee said Tuesday.
But a district spokeswoman said school officials cannot afford to ignore anything involving school-based violence.
"This goes back to Columbine. Ever since that horrid incident took place schools today have to take every incident that is reported very seriously," Fort Bend ISD spokeswoman Mary Ann Simpson said. "And they have to impress upon students how serious this type of thing is. We can't joke about things or take things lightly anymore."

I'd like to throttle the life out of the media slob who decided to connect this kid (who may not be able to graduate due to this foolishness) to VA Tech.

Morons.

They make maps of everything. Our culture sucks sometimes.

Who is they?

I made a map for Quake of my high school back in the day because it was a spread out location. It didn't look like it, but if you knew the school it was the layout. I've seen cases on other boards where people are getting harassed by teachers because they are Asian and quiet. This is getting out of hand.

edit: actually his map did look like the school.

Last edited:
Who is they?

I made a map for Quake of my high school back in the day because it was a spread out location. It didn't look like it, but if you knew the school it was the layout. I've seen cases on other boards where people are getting harassed by teachers because they are Asian and quiet. This is getting out of hand.

They was vague. Gamers do.

so what? first rule of creativity is to do what you know. if he wanted to make a map of a large building that he knows well what else is he going to come up with but his school?

it only gets eerie if there were groups of 20-30 bots in each room all facing the same direction that only triggered when you open the door. (i don't know CS... is this possible? would playing a CS map based on a school be anything like committing a school shooting)

This has been all over the news around here since it broke.
It was obscene, in the report I saw on the "news" they basically were portraying this kid as the next "VT Killer", since he plays "Horriffic video games where the goal is for people to KILL OTHER PEOPLE!!!". Then they cut to the opines of concerned parents and everyone was all "OMG that boy should be in jail! He might hurt someone! Would someone please think if the children?!"

Quite the spectacle.

If I was able to make maps and make them accuratly how I wanted them too, then fuck yes I'd make my school into a map, as well as my work, my local mall, etc...

Who wouldn't want to be playing in familer surroundings? It'd be awesome

This whole thing really irks me! Instead of rewarding the child's artistic and technical capabilities, everyone jumps to the conclusion that he's mental and might kill people.

He will be able to graduate but isn't allowed back on campus and can't walk across the stage at graduation.

This whole thing really irks me! Instead of rewarding the child's artistic and technical capabilities, everyone jumps to the conclusion that he's mental and might kill people.

He will be able to graduate but isn't allowed back on campus and can't walk across the stage at graduation.

:mad: