As has been said before, I am a terrible person...

itburnswhenipee said:
smalldudley2.jpg

If only there were Mounties in Texas, she would have been saved.

Fat Burger said:
If only there were Mounties in Texas, she would have been saved.

Sarcasmo should've ran up and saved her, then married her. She would be perfect for him you see, because he could yell and scream at her about how much she sucks and how much he hates her, and she would never be the wiser.

KNYTE said:
Unpossible. She's deaf, she can't hear the voices in her head telling her to do it.

This is actually intriguing. How do the deaf experience that "voice" of conciousness? Maybe people who went deaf later in life might still hear it, but the lifelong deaf have no concept of sound.

itburnswhenipee said:
This is actually intriguing. How do the deaf experience that "voice" of conciousness? Maybe people who went deaf later in life might still hear it, but the lifelong deaf have no concept of sound.

Some people think in words, and some think in pictures.
Perhaps if shes never heard words, she depends mostly on images.

KNYTE said:
The wierd thing is that the guy over there and I created the threads at the exact same minute. Craziness.

wtfshens.JPG
That guy wanted to meet me last time I was over there.

No idea how anyone could stand GenMay for such a long time.

You think you laughing was bad? I farted on the elevator earlier and turned and looked at an old man in there like he did. Everyone else looked at him too. He looked so old he probably thought he did it and just forgot.

itburnswhenipee said:

my question is: how do the lifelong deaf learn to read? we learn by putting the phonics of each letter together -- we put sounds to letters and then put the sounds together.

i can only come up with this: that the deaf learn by sight words. the words that don't have an object to go with, i have no idea. but i'm stumped.

how do we know it wasnt suicide just covered up to protect the parents. Or even planned right like death by cop. It is very unlikely that she would get hit by a train just walking down the tracks. Even if I was walking down the tracks deaf and blind I would know there was a train coming, dam things rumble like crazy

Thorn Bird said:
my question is: how do the lifelong deaf learn to read? we learn by putting the phonics of each letter together -- we put sounds to letters and then put the sounds together.

i can only come up with this: that the deaf learn by sight words. the words that don't have an object to go with, i have no idea. but i'm stumped.

I guess they just associate the arrangement of letters with the idea it's supposed to represent. Sorta the same way that you or I would interpret this smilie :)

itburnswhenipee said:
I guess they just associate the arrangement of letters with the idea it's supposed to represent. Sorta the same way that you or I would interpret this smilie :)

right, but there are several words out there that don't have pictures to represent them.

like right, but, there, are, that, represent, them.