Register for an adventure

Interested in learning new things that you never actually wanted to know?

Thread Article: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us

Discussion in 'useless chatter' started by Sarcasmo, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Can people stop pretending 'healthcare is free'. This is not the case, nor has it ever been the case.

Free at the point of access is the point. Aside from that you are paying through taxes for your whole life, just like you would be for insurance if you're lucky enough to have it.

2. :lol:

3. that is all because of white privilege, obviously.

4. Speak for yourself, sister. And you're vastly over simplifying and purposely putting the most extreme negative slant possible on the situation. You should be ashamed. Just because you were a "boot strapper" doesn't mean that any and all people are capable of that. Any number of of wrong turns could have made your life turn out completely different.

5. *Colombians

That's cuz ya'll AINT poor!!!!!!

6. our po' people are po'. with their obama phones and everything.

7. And the man with immense privilege is the one who accepts it :lol: :)

8. Cause more taxes has zero effect on his trust.

9. :rolleyes:

Don't preach to me about privilege, tubby.

10. I don't have a trust, live well within my means and pay cash for everything.

11. Divorce.

12. Oh look another rich kid who thinks that no one could possibly make it to where they are on their own!

And the most extreme negative slant??? We spend the most on healthcare, have the second highest infant mortality rate, and the lowest life expectancy of all developed nations. That's fucking bullshit.

13. You've used that one, what else ya got?

14. we should provide everyone a personal assistant so they don't make wrong turns.

ffs, the reality is a few wrong turns is a great god damned education.

They reason why so many poor people stay poor is because they don't have make 'right turns.' They're spoon fed that the gov't will take care of them because they are not capable themselves. Sadly, due to a much needed voter base, the definition of "people who need government care" continues to grow - And the spoonfeeding continues.

15. my parents divorced too when i was 13. mom was a worthless POS. still never thought of myself as less than middle class.

16. Nothing because I really don't care. You're the one who goes out of your way.

17. Costa Rica. Costa Fucking Rica, is ranked above the US in health care.

We're #37 in the world rankings for health care...

18. Stop taking an extreme slant.

19. not to completely get off topic, but the lack of consistency of 'infant mortality' and 'life expectancy' definitions between the countries, and the records that are kept are more the cause of these variances.

20. The docs had zero issues removing the crayon you swallowed when you were a kid from your head. Quit bitchin.