[Article] Article: the bluebird

Sol in IL is a decade for delinquent debt. Gotta wait a bit. Plus I like not getting junk mail I then have to shred.

I can unfreeze via a website and use my file to obtain new credit after 15 mins. It freezes again at midnight that day. Being that most companies looking to extend credit are open on the weekends and/or 24/7 we just do everything outside of normal business hours. Counting down to the end of that decade already.

But you WANT that mail. The targeted offers are some of the best. You just can't get them by following a credit card blog. And you can almost certainly get any bad marks removed with some persistence. What else is dragging down your FICO?

But you WANT that mail. The targeted offers are some of the best. You just can't get them by following a credit card blog. And you can almost certainly get any bad marks removed with some persistence. What else is dragging down your FICO?
Just some late payments and charge offs; I'm working on getting them removed.

My car loan is paid in March so I'm thinking about opening another line just to have it open and working for me. I'm on the rebound already.

Just some late payments and charge offs; I'm working on getting them removed.

My car loan is paid in March so I'm thinking about opening another line just to have it open and working for me. I'm on the rebound already.

Do you carry credit card debt? If so, any idea of your % of overall utilization.

I didn't read this full thread, but I want to know what you can do with these points and how many points you need to have to do anything really good with them. Also, does the Bluebird card have an annual fee?

Our only credit card currently has a 6% APR but we may have to give it up soon because it is a mortgage rate card and we are refinancing with a different company. I can't find anywhere else where I can get such a great interest rate on a credit card, so I'm trying to find a good credit card deal in some other way. I understand doing things this way means that you can't carry a balance on the credit card, but I at least want good benefits if I can't get a cheap easy loan like that when I need one.

I didn't read this full thread, but I want to know what you can do with these points and how many points you need to have to do anything really good with them. Also, does the Bluebird card have an annual fee?

For an example of that, see this post:
http://uselessforums.com/showthread.php?13294-Article-the-bluebird&p=889155&viewfull=1#post889155

Generally speaking, 50,000 points will net you ~$500 in gift cards, more if you actually use it for travel.

Our only credit card currently has a 6% APR but we may have to give it up soon because it is a mortgage rate card and we are refinancing with a different company. I can't find anywhere else where I can get such a great interest rate on a credit card, so I'm trying to find a good credit card deal in some other way. I understand doing things this way means that you can't carry a balance on the credit card, but I at least want good benefits if I can't get a cheap easy loan like that when I need one.

Well, I assume you're worried about the APR because you carry a balance. If that's the case, most credit cards (regardless of their stated APR) will give you 3, 6, or even 12 months at 0% to move the money to them. So just do a shotgun approach and sign up for 3-4 cards on the same day. After you get approved, call each card and see who will offer you what. Then, its just like a shell game, moving the money around till you pay it off. And pay it off! :p

Note: You take a *slight* hit in your credit every time a new credit card checks your credit (1-2 FICO points), but it takes 24 hours for that info to post to all the credit bureaus. So if you do them all on the same day, your credit score will be better.

for credit card?

so instead of paying just the statement balance, you also pay for recent purchases?

I do that too. I want to make sure I never ever get charged interest. Plus I like to allocate every paycheck where it needs to go immediately. It's easier to manage money that way, imo.

If anyone cares; check is deposited into my checking account (minus savings which is auto-transferred to another account), but before that happens I have bill pay set up to use every penny of my check. Anything left over goes to savings or extra to pay off my student loan. Every two weeks I do this... meh.

which savings do you guys use? I have hsbc but the interest rate has dwindled down to nothing.

Saving account interest rates are pretty meh. You can get some higher-ish interest rates on some checking accounts, but they require too much work for me. Things like a minimum of 20 debit transactions a month.

edit: This one isn't too bad
http://www.couleebank.net/personal/kasasa/

Last edited:
I do that too. I want to make sure I never ever get charged interest. Plus I like to allocate every paycheck where it needs to go immediately. It's easier to manage money that way, imo.

If anyone cares; check is deposited into my checking account (minus savings which is auto-transferred to another account), but before that happens I have bill pay set up to use every penny of my check. Anything left over goes to savings or extra to pay off my student loan. Every two weeks I do this... meh.

Yeah, I have a zero budget too. Which helps cause if the money isn't there, I really can't spend it, especially since I stopped using credit cards (stupid cc debt).