[Article] Article: super sweet credit card deal with southwest, especially if you fly with a partner

Does all this hinge on having the Blue card to start? I want to buy that sectional this weekend so obviously I wouldn't be able to get my hands on the card in time.

hopefully i can find a cvs that sell them and take credit card. need to spend 3.5k for the 3 cards i got this month
Amazon Payments is another way to burn an easy $1000. You and someone else sign up and send each other $1000 via credit card. And if you can ACTUALLY spend some of the money later, you can buy American Express gift cards. If you go through the shopping portal www.bigcrumbs.com, you can get an extra 1.4% cash back on Amex giftcards. Use the gift cards for your normal weekly spending...
@fly
Anything for airline miles to the UK? My wife wants to visit a friend of hers there.
Sure, its all in who you want to fly. Delta, AA, someone else. Find who has the "cheapest" flights there and get their credit card. Off the top of my head, I'd probably look at AA.

Last edited:
Does all this hinge on having the Blue card to start? I want to buy that sectional this weekend so obviously I wouldn't be able to get my hands on the card in time.

The Bluebird card is really only good for "manufactured spending." Can you wait at all? I dunno how much your spending, but you might be able to apply for a card, get it in ~7 days, buy the couch, and instantly meet the spending requirement. Therefore earning you free extra shit for something you were going to buy anyway.

Or buy Amex gift cards through www.bigcrumbs.com, earn 1.4% cash back, and pay for the couch with the gift card.

The Bluebird card is really only good for "manufactured spending." Can you wait at all? I dunno how much your spending, but you might be able to apply for a card, get it in ~7 days, buy the couch, and instantly meet the spending requirement. Therefore earning you free extra shit for something you were going to buy anyway.

Or buy Amex gift cards through www.bigcrumbs.com, earn 1.4% cash back, and pay for the couch with the gift card.

I suppose I could wait. The 15% off gift card deal at Haverty's through work just started this week so it should be around for a little while. Anyone here I added to my friends and family group can get it as well.

I suppose I could wait. The 15% off gift card deal at Haverty's through work just started this week so it should be around for a little while. Anyone here I added to my friends and family group can get it as well.

So what are you looking for then? The most bang for your buck is signup bonuses. Everything else you will have to churn monthly...

edit: How much is it?

southwest for win.

I wouldnt have had a problem with 2 grand, but im glad i got in on that deal when it was free 50k just for signing up.

Yeah, but i wont get the 100k companion pass bonus since i didnt get them both at the same time in the same calendar year.

Besides, i have 110k points now already, and i havent spent a single one. I have to start spending.

southwest for win.

I wouldnt have had a problem with 2 grand, but im glad i got in on that deal when it was free 50k just for signing up.

This makes the 2nd or 3rd time I've gotten in on Southwest deals in the last couple of years. Cancel the card, wait 90 days, and start over.

I'm conflicted. I can only get a direct flight through United to visit WI. And they have a nice deal now. 30k miles, after spending 1k in 3 months time.

Only issue is that they don't fly to the Dominican Republic. :(

Delta flies to both, but ugh they always have connecting flights and I hate those :| {They also have a similar 30k mile sign on deal}