[Article] Article: super sweet credit card deal with southwest, especially if you fly with a partner

I'm conflicted. I can only get a direct flight through United to visit WI. And they have a nice deal now. 30k miles, after spending 1k in 3 months time.

Only issue is that they don't fly to the Dominican Republic. :(

Delta flies to both, but ugh they always have connecting flights and I hate those :| {They also have a similar 30k mile sign on deal}

Nothing says that you only have to do one of them. Get them both.

edit: And if you apply for both of them on the same day, they won't know about the other's credit line.

I don't want too many lines of credit open. I'm too anxious. :p

You aren't going to hurt anything, as long as you don't use it. If you feel that you can't restrain yourself from racking up debt, stop now before you start. It's hard to restrain yourself and the fact that most people can't is how the credit card companies can offer these deals. They would all immediately stop if everyone did what I'm suggesting. Be safe.

You aren't going to hurt anything, as long as you don't use it. If you feel that you can't restrain yourself from racking up debt, stop now before you start. It's hard to restrain yourself and the fact that most people can't is how the credit card companies can offer these deals. They would all immediately stop if everyone did what I'm suggesting. Be safe.

That's not I'm anxious about :lol: I have a pretty decent handle on my finances. I just don't like too many things? I err on the side of being minimalistic.

I'm weird. I don't know how to explain it :p

I'm conflicted. I can only get a direct flight through United to visit WI. And they have a nice deal now. 30k miles, after spending 1k in 3 months time.

Only issue is that they don't fly to the Dominican Republic. :(

Delta flies to both, but ugh they always have connecting flights and I hate those :| {They also have a similar 30k mile sign on deal}

Fuck Delta. I dropped them when I tried to use miles to get a flight that cost around $300 outright. When I went to use miles there is a redemption fee which almost cost the same as the flight outright. Southwest is one of the only ones that doesn't charge an extra fee to redeem.

Fuck Delta. I dropped them when I tried to use miles to get a flight that cost around $300 outright. When I went to use miles there is a redemption fee which almost cost the same as the flight outright. Southwest is one of the only ones that doesn't charge an extra fee to redeem.

How do you not have elite with one or more airlines yet? :confuesd:

But...But...It's free stuff. :confused:

My brain is a strange place. But I think I will sign up. I have my birthday trip in May I could use this for. :)

To be truthful I'm still wrapping my head about how it works. But whatever lol.

In other news I paid off the last bit of my cc debt and it made a difference in my credit score as per credit karma. :cool:

I have a credit line open with my mother and it helps my utilization % even when I'm not the one who really uses the card, she does. It's the oldest line of credit I have and even then it's not very old. :(

Just ordered our first tickets. Denver here we come. Cost of two round trip tickets 20,000 points and $10. If I would have booked sooner, it would have only been like 13,000. Oh well...

Planning vacation next year and now I have to sign up for another credit card cause I can't convince myself to pay for an airplane ticket now thanks to you!

Is the deal still as good? In the other thread I recall @fly and @Domon noting some differences lately.

the deal when it started was 50k free miles for spending anything on the card, even a dollar. Now its more (2000 in the first three months). If you do that anyway? Go for it, and put it on this card instead, get yourself some free flights assuming you go where southwest goes for reasonable prices. Its worked awesome for me and @peanut as we both live at southwest hubs.

Last edited by a moderator: