[Article] Article: Make your own laundry detergent

The :wtf: is you gave an example of how acidic water which is associated with soft water can mess up pipes, then go on to say, there's no way soft water can mess up pipes.

no way soft water on its own. Aka, without the acidity. Soft does not mean acid.

I don't know what kind of water I have, but I always feel nice after a shower? I used dove or olay soap. Sometimes various body washes depending on my mood.

List of things that will corrode your pipes:

- low pH

Plastic pipe obviously won't corrode, but I wouldn't use it as an excuse to not correct pH issues with your house water. After all, all your fixtures, appliances, etc... probably all have metal bits in them, and bad things can happen when they corrode.

My parents have both a water softener and a pH correction system at their place - well water has a PH in the high 5's and a ton of iron. Softener gets rid of the iron which keeps white clothes from turning brown, and pH system keeps copper pipes from corroding and prevents clothes from turning green instead.

So I've found locally that a cheap box of powdered HE laundry detergent costs pretty much the same per pound as borax/washing soda.

I'm gonna get a small box of powder and see how well it dissolves in water, and how well it remains dissolved. Hoping I can just fill a liquid laundry detergent bottle with powder/water, give it a good shake and use it as liquid detergent.