[Article] Article: lending club - p2p loans for dummies like me

lol @ losing 21 million coins.

Not yet, of course. But if this currency were to catch on, it would eventually be a problem.

edit: And don't forget hoarding as well. Both losing and hoarding give us the same problem with a limited hard currency.

Last edited:
And don't forget hoarding as well. Both losing and hoarding give us the same problem with a limited hard currency.

Hoarding would only because it's a perceived value, & you need a fairly large base of perception. but with 21 mil coins, each coin divisible to the .00000001, there's a massive, finite amount coin divisions. (each coin can be divided into 100 million parts)

Last edited:
Hoarding would only because it's a perceived value, & you need a fairly large base of perception. but with 21 mil coins, each coin divisible to the .00000001, there's a massive, finite amount coin divisions. (each coin can be divided into 100 million parts)

Yes, but if there are no coins (or very few) to actually buy because people have either lost or hoarded them, then the economy comes to a grinding halt. That's the problem with a commodity based currency. For example, in the past, the US has outlawed citizens from owning gold to help get hard currency flowing, because we had exactly that problem. It's obviously easy with fiat, just print more!

Yes, but if there are no coins (or very few) to actually buy because people have either lost or hoarded them, then the economy comes to a grinding halt. That's the problem with a commodity based currency. For example, in the past, the US has outlawed citizens from owning gold to help get hard currency flowing, because we had exactly that problem. It's obviously easy with fiat, just print more!
I believe your theory, I just don't think it's likely.

so.... relating to bitcoins. I've been noticing my GPU fan running high a lot recently, and im getting nvidia driver crashes.

Guess fucking what. I somehow got a virus (IEHighUtil) which hijacks your GPU via a java exploit and mines bitcoins using your resources to the point where it crashes. Apparently it targets high end GPU users.

Thats ingenious. I killed it, but i kind of want to find who its sending the coins to and congratulate them :p

so.... relating to bitcoins. I've been noticing my GPU fan running high a lot recently, and im getting nvidia driver crashes.

Guess fucking what. I somehow got a virus (IEHighUtil) which hijacks your GPU via a java exploit and mines bitcoins using your resources to the point where it crashes. Apparently it targets high end GPU users.

Thats ingenious. I killed it, but i kind of want to find who its sending the coins to and congratulate them :p

yea I got that after trying to install far cry 3 i got on usenet. i ended up just reinstalling windows

that is a fucking slick malware. I got it from crysis3 (that what you mean mike?)

Its actually overvolting and overclocking my card too

shit.. bioshock infinite is infected with this tool too. I wonder if its my NZB provider causing this.

edit nope. Someone is really infected all the newsgroups with this bullshit. Three different NZBs, comments all state the malware is present.

Cash is king, i bet with all the infections, someone is raking in hundreds of thousands of bucks in bitcoins.

Last edited:
shit.. bioshock infinite is infected with this tool too. I wonder if its my NZB provider causing this.

edit nope. Someone is really infected all the newsgroups with this bullshit. Three different NZBs, comments all state the malware is present.

Cash is king, i bet with all the infections, someone is raking in hundreds of thousands of bucks in bitcoins.

Reason 12,026 to not pirate.

BTW, just got this email from Lending Club.

We have great news for you! Your first loan payments are coming in and you now have a return of 15.95% posted in your account. Visit your account summary to learn more about the activity in your account.

Yay. That number will almost certainly go down, but still sweet. :cool: