[Article] Article: Lemon meringue ice cream (pics/guide)

Re: Lemon meringue ice cream (pics/guide)

cool pics.
i have no idea how to bake a single thing.
i can cook and make a mean thanksgiving/xmas/easter turkey dinner with all the fixings... but i have never made a cookie or a cake or anything like that...
it looks like so much work =/
i guess prob cuz i dont really eat stuff like this, but it certainly looks deeelishuz...

Nonono. Don't bake the meringue at all. Make a swiss meringue and then just fold that into the ice cream batter. No gunky chunks.
Interesting, never heard of swiss meringue. I've got some reading to do...

OK so, I need to get a Kitchenaid & an ice cream maker. ooooooooooooK then.

If you leave out the meringue (as you should) you don't need the mixer.

You don't need an ice cream maker either. Just put the ice cream batter in the freezer and let it slightly freeze for about 30 minutes, and take it out and stir it up, getting the frozen bits on the outside mixed in. Keep repeating that process over a few hours and you'll end up with ice cream. Bit of a pain in the ass but it works.

I have the same setup and love it. Made icecream several times this year. I'll ship ya some.

Fu.

Anyway, IRONICALLYYY, I have decided to put a navy Kitchenaid on my Christmas list. I have always thought I wanted one, but could never really justify "needing" one. But now I'm scoping so many recipes that says "then throw in your trusty Kitchenaid" and I'm like FUUUU. So, now I'm getting one. But, it has to be navy.

The end.

OK or maybe white.

Last edited:

If you leave out the meringue (as you should) you don't need the mixer.

You don't need an ice cream maker either. Just put the ice cream batter in the freezer and let it slightly freeze for about 30 minutes, and take it out and stir it up, getting the frozen bits on the outside mixed in. Keep repeating that process over a few hours and you'll end up with ice cream. Bit of a pain in the ass but it works.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Might. Try.

It wasn't actually. I referenced the Genmay thread, but a lot of it was freshly written stuff.

Edit: and the fucking fact that I had to reupload all the pics, stupid fucking uploaders crapping out

I actually meant to bring you a shirt today, but I forgot. :lol:

On a granite "mountain" in Texas:

aV386.jpg

Fly's rebuttal move:

RbvGk.jpg

Still looking for pole...

Fu.

Anyway, IRONICALLYYY, I have decided to put a navy Kitchenaid on my Christmas list. I have always thought I wanted one, but could never really justify "needing" one. But now I'm scoping so many recipes that says "then throw in your trusty Kitchenaid" and I'm like FUUUU. So, now I'm getting one. But, it has to be navy.

The end.

OK, a or maybe white.
Kitchenaids are awesome tools for baking... bread, pizza dough, etc. especially. Once you bake your own bread you'll never go storebought.