[Article] Article: Coqui's guide to looking fat.

I gotta tell ya, the ability to 'workout' at home and without weights in under 10 minutes appeals to me. I know that won't make me big, but I'm mostly just aiming for healthy.

I gotta tell ya, the ability to 'workout' at home and without weights in under 10 minutes appeals to me. I know that won't make me big, but I'm mostly just aiming for healthy.

Werd. If you're a guy and this is all you're looking for, and you don't have a shit ton of weight to lose, this is perfect.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't cardio important for health? Especially heart health?

Of course. But, you can get cardio in, in all sorts of ways. Cardio is just your heart rate staying above a certain rate for a certain length of time. I say "certain" because I feel it does vary per person. But, you are correct. However, high intensity ressitance training always included great cardio in my case. A lot of reps and a lot of switching it up in one work out, but quick/steady movements = cardio, plus strength training.

ill let you do all the research and match whatever you do :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't cardio important for health? Especially heart health?

It is very important. That doesn't mean you have to do steady state cardio to get the benefit.

Kids are in shape by playing games, that's more HIIT training than steady state. (lots of hard running mixed in with walking, etc.)
Circuit training definitely has a cardio aspect to it. Try the exercise in the video I posted and you'll definitely see your heart rate increase.

It is very important. That doesn't mean you have to do steady state cardio to get the benefit.

Kids are in shape by playing games, that's more HIIT training than steady state. (lots of hard running mixed in with walking, etc.)
Circuit training definitely has a cardio aspect to it. Try the exercise in the video I posted and you'll definitely see your heart rate increase.

So I could get the same benefit from going out and playing games instead of all that boring mucking around with weights in a gym? Awesome.

The hardest part about the 10 minute workouts is the mentality. If you want the benefits in a 10 minute workout, you need to go all out for those 10 minutes. You can't use the saving yourself to finish the workout because well, it's only 10 minutes.

One 10 minute workout I like to do, is to do 50 burpees. Warning, this workout will kick your ass if you don't prepare yourself for it. I can't do it anywhere near as fast as the guy in this video though.

Last edited by a moderator:
resizepushup.gif

See?! This. Every activity counts if you make it count!

So I could get the same benefit from going out and playing games instead of all that boring mucking around with weights in a gym? Awesome.

Yea! Think of some really taxing activities that you have at your own home. Then, do them, but do them with intensity.

Just losing weight won't necessarily make muscle tone. You have to have muscle to show. I submit myself as an example. Super skinny arms, no definition, but after starting to lift, finally seeing some.

Just losing weight won't necessarily make muscle tone. You have to have muscle to show. I submit myself as an example. Super skinny arms, no definition, but after starting to lift, finally seeing some.

But you'll never see the definition without losing the fat. Gay Scott keeps talking about doing ab exercises. You can have the best abs in the world, but if its covered by a big layer of fat - no one will ever know.