[Article] Article: anatomy of a deal: water heater

Does the wildlife glow in the dark?

My grandfather was a machinist out there back when it was open. He died of cancer he developed on account of the radiation exposure before I was born, and my grandmother just recently got a settlement for it.

Alot of stupid people go hiking and fishing out there. It has one of those drive through areas so you can see the wildlife. We went when we first moved here but then I quickly realized what it was and have never been back. All thats out there now besides that is a Concert venue our MLS team plays at.

Alot of stupid people go hiking and fishing out there. It has one of those drive through areas so you can see the wildlife. We went when we first moved here but then I quickly realized what it was and have never been back. All thats out there now besides that is a Concert venue our MLS team plays at.
One could argue that you're at as much risk living in North Denver as you are going outdoors west of Arvada.

Does the wildlife glow in the dark?

My grandfather was a machinist out there back when it was open. He died of cancer he developed on account of the radiation exposure before I was born, and my grandmother just recently got a settlement for it.

I'm sure you're aware of how un-deadly low levels of radiation are. Animals around Chernobyl are fine. Almost no one outside of the original (highly toxic) blast zone died due to radiation in the years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Fish are fine around that nuke plant in Japan. blah, blah, blah...

I'm sure you're aware of how un-deadly low levels of radiation are. Animals around Chernobyl are fine. Almost no one outside of the original (highly toxic) blast zone died due to radiation in the years after Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Fish are fine around that nuke plant in Japan. blah, blah, blah...

You do realize you're saying this to a guy that just underwent radiation therapy, right?

To the extent that people wandering around San Francisco with Geiger counters annoy me, I agree with you, and the whole "glowing" thing was just a joke.

However, the observation of former Rocky Flats workers does not support the hypothesis that they were simply exposed to low levels of radiation. At a 95% confidence level, observation supports the hypothesis that prostate, bladder, and thyroid cancer along with malignant melanoma is elevated among the cohort that did work there, as opposed to the general population.

Last edited:
To the extent that people wandering around San Francisco with Geiger counters annoy me, I agree with you, and the whole "glowing" thing was just a joke.

However, the observation of former Rocky Flats workers does not support the hypothesis that they were simply exposed to low levels of radiation. At a 95% confidence level, observation supports the hypothesis that prostate, bladder, and thyroid cancer along with malignant melanoma is elevated among the cohort that did work there, as opposed to the general population.

Bad coffee filters maybe?

Fair enough. I don't think that anyone could dispute that high levels of radiation are bad for you.

Fair enough. I don't think that anyone could dispute that high levels of radiation are bad for you.

My father in law, who just battled prostate cancer, coincidentally has a phd in nuclear physics. just learning about it is bad for you.

well, that and he worked in a nuclear facility for years.