Thread Arrogant Prick the former Pig.

I would just like to point out that I am pro death penalty, some people just need to be removed from the earth.

I would just like to point out that I am pro death penalty, some people just need to be removed from the earth.

I don't mind if someone is pro-death penalty...I mean, I disagree with it philosophically and would never support it, but if someone is consistent that all murderers (or whatever group of people you personally think it's OK to kill) should be given the death penalty, then at least you have some integrity in your beliefs. I just hate it when people pick and choose about who should given the death penalty.....like saying, oh this guy is clearly more evil than this other guy, so one deserves to die and the other doesn't. It can quickly become a slippery slope into subjectivity on who should be allowed to live and die - which is one reason I am against it.

I don't mind if someone is pro-death penalty...I mean, I disagree with it philosophically and would never support it, but if someone is consistent that all murderers (or whatever group of people you personally think it's OK to kill) should be given the death penalty, then at least you have some integrity in your beliefs. I just hate it when people pick and choose about who should given the death penalty.....like saying, oh this guy is clearly more evil than this other guy, so one deserves to die and the other doesn't. It can quickly become a slippery slope into subjectivity on who should be allowed to live and die - which is one reason I am against it.

There are different types of murder, there should be different types of punishment. Hell there are even different types of robbery. It all depends on the situation.

I am all for death penalty if we are 100% sure the person is harmful to society.

... but we are rarely, if ever, 100% sure.

Wasn't it Illinois that had like half their death row cases overturned by the Innocence Project? Yeah, the death penalty is a grrreat idea. :rolleyes:

If cases can be proved with out a doubt, then its fine I think. Ie: confessions, video, multiple eye witnesses, etc...

and it should only be used in murder trials.

If cases can be proved with out a doubt, then its fine I think. Ie: confessions, video, multiple eye witnesses, etc...

and it should only be used in murder trials.

What about repeat child rapists?

What about people with mental disorders? Which may lead people to murder or rape.

How can something be proven without a doubt? Multiple eye witness have put away innocent people. Video has put away innocent people. Confessions too, because people are fucking nut jobs.

I saw this documentary about how a barely mentally handicapped man got the death penalty for something he didn't do in Texas. The police coerced him to confess... shit happens all the time. :(

and you had the audacity to call me a troll you zionist shitheel

if i actually thought you were anything more than a gimmick i would waste my intertime

okay James O'Keefe, time to move on.

What about repeat child rapists?

What about people with mental disorders? Which may lead people to murder or rape.

How can something be proven without a doubt? Multiple eye witness have put away innocent people. Video has put away innocent people. Confessions too, because people are fucking nut jobs.

Children shouldn't rape people in the first place.

What does that mean?

It means I disagree with putting anyone to death as I consider it absolutely morally wrong for me to kill someone, or be responsible for their death (except in unavoidable cases like self-defence, defence of another person etc). Don't know if philosophically is the right word but I hope you know what I mean.

PS. April and others have raised other good points about the imperfection of evidence meaning we could never be sure we were killing the correct people.

Anyhoo to summarise I'm very anti-death penalty. This is only tangentially relevant to the thread though.