Hawt Arrest The Pope!

No, they should, for the exact reasons people dislike vocal christians.

This is from personal experience and from most of the middle of the road types I know. Religion is a personal thing, and everyone is free to make their own choice. We're not out to save people, or convert them, or even tell them how, who, or why to worship. That is the realm of extremists and jihadists.

Most moderates just want to do their thing, live their life, and worship how they choose.

I guess it's that message they should be vocal about; that religion is a personal thing, not to vocalize the teachings of Christianity.

But it is interesting because how then can you be an effective and good Christian and NOT spread the word. It is right in the book of teachings to do exactly that.

I guess it's that message they should be vocal about; that religion is a personal thing, not to vocalize the teachings of Christianity.

But it is interesting because how then can you be an effective and good Christian and NOT spread the word. It is right in the book of teachings to do exactly that.

Sorry, you can't bitch about something you don't like a group doing, and then turn around and say 'But your not a good member of that group because you are not doing what I don't like about your group'.

the 'book of teachings' (lol) is a 2000 year old document. Times change, so do people. The population of Christians that hold the entire bible as canon for their daily lives is a diminishing number.

Right, but you liked it because you support what they say. It's a bias thing, to be sure.

I could find some more egregious examples, but I'm not really of the mindset to search it out. Just saying, they are as vocal about telling people about how they shouldn't worship as the religious zealots are about telling people how they should. Neither are innocent of trying to force their agenda on others who don't think the same way.

Yeah I know there are extreme atheists, but that just wasn't a good example.

That's an interesting point? Do you have a problem with all black people because of a minority involved in crime?

Do you have a problem with all spanish people because some of them are illegal aliens?

It's the same mindset, really. The vocal religous types are so vocal, it is all most people are exposed. The majority can be very live and let live. That doesn't mean they immediately believe what everyone else wants them to believe, and will get stubborn, just like anyone, when told what they should believe as opposed to being able to make up their own minds. Just normal folk. It's the one's who make the press (nowdays, we're not talking the freakish craziness of the dark and middle ages here) that set the expectation. The media is the monster.

Nah. I don't see it that way at all. It's got nothing to do with a minority acting out. It's the fact that religion is affecting my life and I fucking hate it. Religion is affect db's life and I fucking hate that. If they kept their shit to themselves, I'd be cool with it. No I wouldn't then become religious myself. I just wouldn't be anti-religious..

How is religion affecting your life yet the examples Duke posted don't?

Do you really not see how silly those examples were?? Crime and religion are comparable? Do people commit crime and believe in god for similar reasons?

Nah. I don't see it that way at all. It's got nothing to do with a minority acting out. It's the fact that religion is affecting my life and I fucking hate it. Religion is affect db's life and I fucking hate that. If they kept their shit to themselves, I'd be cool with it. No I wouldn't then become religious myself. I just wouldn't be anti-religious..

:lol:

Your ilk's desire for worthless social services affects MY life and I hate it.

Do you really not see how silly those examples were?? Crime and religion are comparable? Do people commit crime and believe in god for similar reasons?

They aren't that off, really.

Your issue with religion was how it was affecting your daily life. Yet, crime, for example affects your life just as much. I'm not talking the direct effects. I'm talking the indirects from government action against crime. New laws every day limiting what you can do, in an effort to 'fight crime', or at least using 'crime' as a justification for control and revenue generation by local & state governments. Illegal aliens were a part of the push behind Health Care reform, which also affects you and your wallet. The issue is that their influence on your life is muddled under layers and layers of press and bullshit, but they are the cause.

The issues over gay rights are thrown right at the doorstep of religion, but I'm of the mindset that there are those with financial concerns over gay marriage acts that are influencing things as well. One of the big triggers from back in the day that started this juggernaught of public opinion? Insurance companies that had no desire to cover the partners of gays and lesbians who were on their roles, from way back in the 80's and the start of AIDS.

They all affect your life dramatically, yet the other issues become clouded behind walls of media and misinformation, while the gay marriage issue is sold 100% as truly a 'moral' issue, which isn't the full truth of the story either.

Sorry, you can't bitch about something you don't like a group doing, and then turn around and say 'But your not a good member of that group because you are not doing what I don't like about your group'.

the 'book of teachings' (lol) is a 2000 year old document. Times change, so do people. The population of Christians that hold the entire bible as canon for their daily lives is a diminishing number.

The leader of the Catholic church, the largest sect of Christianity with over 1 billion followers teaches exactly to spread the word. Some don't, some do. Some do it inaccurately. Some do it with more volume than others. I would like to hear some people, however, with some volume saying these people don't need to be doing this form or preaching.

I never liked that part of that religion, where almost a blank check is issued in cost of lives to get people converted and to spread the word. That was the point of the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition and the take over of Brazil, etc. To spread the word through whatever means. That's the part I don't agree with and I wish other Christians would call this out and state this is the wrong approach.

Instead all that is shown are either almost violent atheists or religious zealots on TV. Granted their passions make for better TV than someone with kumbaya live and let live attitude.

The leader of the Catholic church, the largest sect of Christianity with over 1 billion followers teaches exactly to spread the word. Some don't, some do. Some do it inaccurately. Some do it with more volume than others. I would like to hear some people, however, with some volume saying these people don't need to be doing this form or preaching.

Prosthelytizing (which is what is in question here) is not a large part of Catholic Dogma. As Duke put it earlier, Your actions should be you spreading the word, not the words themself.

I never liked that part of that religion, where almost a blank check is issued in cost of lives to get people converted and to spread the word. That was the point of the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition and the take over of Brazil, etc. To spread the word through whatever means. That's the part I don't agree with and I wish other Christians would call this out and state this is the wrong approach.

Whens the last time this happened?

Last edited:
Crime is a by product. Crime is something we all collectively fight against. Religion is something fabricated out of thin air.

There are so many thing out there that affect my life. So many things that I couldn't possibly count. And yes I do not like restrictions being placed on me, but when they are to fight against something I do not like, I tolerate it. When it's in respect of an imaginary person, I get pissed.

Crime is a by product. Crime is something we all collectively fight against. Religion is something fabricated out of thin air.

There are so many thing out there that affect my life. So many things that I couldn't possibly count. And yes I do not like restrictions being placed on me, but when they are to fight against something I do not like, I tolerate it. When it's in respect of an imaginary person, I get pissed.

What restrictions have been placed on you in the name of an imaginary person?

Ah, but that is your opinion. The majority of people in the world do not believe this 'person' is imaginary. I'm not just talking about christians. The majority of people on the planet are indeed religious. Muslims, Bhudists, Christians, Jews, Hindus. Your belief that this 'person' is imaginary is a minority view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_religious_populations

Last edited:
Prosthelytizing (which is what is in question here) is not a large part of Catholic Dogma. As Duke put it earlier, Your actions should be you spreading the word, not the words themself.

Whens the last time this happened?

The Roman Catholic silence and support of the Catholic-forward government in the Rwanda genocide in 1994 for one.

What restrictions have been placed on you in the name of an imaginary person?

The people they have supported through actions and words and money into office have denied rights to whole groups of people.

But that's just my issue.