Hawt Arrest The Pope!

I wouldn't say every Catholic would protest, but I guarantee every Catholic would care.

I know tons of Catholics and none of them would give two fucks about Benedict, and may have only cared about 10% with John Paul II.

It definitely has the possibility, but I just don't see England of all countries arresting the Pope. Hypothetically, that's like Obama arresting Nelson Mandela. If Mandela had committed the same crime.

Er, what do you mean by that......? You do realise England isn't a Catholic country right? So why would he be least likely to be arrested here? Not that I think he will be arrested, but just don't get your reasoning there. If you'd said Spain or Brazil or something, then maybe.

Er, what do you mean by that......? You do realise England isn't a Catholic country right? So why would he be least likely to be arrested here? Not that I think he will be arrested, but just don't get your reasoning there. If you'd said Spain or Brazil or something, then maybe.

At least in Germany, they are starting similar actions to England. Because the pope DID stuff in Germany that was bad, they can make a stronger case.

The Church of England is a Catholic church, although Reformed.

The Church of England is a Catholic church, although Reformed.

Wow, now you're stretching it.

Yes they're a Catholic Church.
Except they don't follow the pope, don't adhere to the Vatican council, allow divorce, don't perform transubstantiation during mass, don't do the canonization of saints, don't believe in penance after confession, make confirmation almost synonymous with baptism and perform it during childhood.

But yes, they're a Catholic Church.

The point is, you are talking about the spiritual leader of the Western world. Don't believe me? Ask most people in the Western world who WOULD be their spiritual leader if they could pick one single, real, living person and I bet you they would say the Pope. You'd probably still get 20 million "Yoda" responses and 15 million "Chuck Norris" responses, but I think you'd get the point.

Wow, now you're stretching it.

Yes they're a Catholic Church.
Except they don't follow the pope, don't adhere to the Vatican council, allow divorce, don't perform transubstantiation during mass, don't do the canonization of saints, don't believe in penance after confession, make confirmation almost synonymous with baptism and perform it during childhood.

But yes, they're a Catholic Church.

Now who's stretching it?

I might possibly be supportive, if I thought they cared at all about justice and not just about sticking it to religion. As it is, they're just confirming my perception that they're both tools who rank higher on the arrogant-douchebag scale than most religious folk.

Now who's stretching it?

Still you..

You some how think that the Church of England is a Catholic Church.

The only way you can apply that logic is basically also saying that all Christians are a Jewish faith.

You were also using the wrong sect of Christianity. The Church of England had nothing to do with the reformation. The whole reason for the split was because the Pope didn't grant the King a divorce from his wife. This had nothing to do with Martin Luther. So no they aren't even a reformed Catholic Church as you put it.

Last edited: