WTF Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot

let me be simple. You insuring that law abiding citizens provide a 1000 foot radius gun free zone around elected official does not insure the elected officials safety from law breaking citizens inside that radius.

We understand what you're saying. You don't have to reiterate. The point of the legislation is clear to me. If firearms are illegal in the radius, someone in the crowd may notice a weapon on another and that would be a red flag that something is up. It adds another level of protection. And I get that weapons can be concealed well and it may not help in a certain instance, but I certainly don't think it will hurt. Politicians take a risk every time they go outside. There's no magic solution, just a series of things we can do to lower risk.

What's the problem?

Liam & G, et al, said it's hard to use a gun in a crowd. I agree.

Without one, it's impossible to protect yourself. Crowd or not, the shooter can be 5 feet away, turn toward you with the gun and you're defenseless. Yours and rep. King's solution hasn't helped the situation at all. It's as stupid as blaming palin.

Further, elected officials don't always have crowds around them. In fact, it's rare. They shop, dine, travel, go to movies, etc.

You want to outlaw guns in certain areas. Then, only outlaws will have them in those areas. Where has this worked?

Unless you're going to secure the area, and search and screen everyone, your solution causes more problems than benefits.

edit: You can't lower the risk from some deranged individual hell bent on causing chaos unless you forfeit all of your freedoms.

Last edited:
Its another pointless law that accomplishes nothing but punishing law abiding citizens that might accidentally walk to close to a politician.

Not to mention its virtually unenforceable. I live near a representative, how would that effect me on a walk around my neighborhood?

Its another pointless law that accomplishes nothing but punishing law abiding citizens that might accidentally walk to close to a politician.

Not to mention its virtually unenforceable. I live near a representative, how would that effect me on a walk around my neighborhood?

You can't pew pew on your walks, obviously.

Liam & G, et al, said it's hard to use a gun in a crowd. I agree.

Without one, it's impossible to protect yourself. Crowd or not, the shooter can be 5 feet away, turn toward you with the gun and you're defenseless. Yours and rep. King's solution hasn't helped the situation at all. It's as stupid as blaming palin.

Further, elected officials don't always have crowds around them. In fact, it's rare. They shop, dine, travel, go to movies, etc.

You want to outlaw guns in certain areas. Then, only outlaws will have them in those areas. Where has this worked?

Unless you're going to secure the area, and search and screen everyone, your solution causes more problems than benefits.

edit: You can't lower the risk from some deranged individual hell bent on causing chaos unless you forfeit all of your freedoms.

Pete and Repete were on a boat. Pete jumps out. Who is left on the boat?

THE MEDIA IS FUCKED UP.

the news line should simply read CRAZY MADMAN SHOOTS PEOPLE

There is zero political connection. No connection to any extremist group. Of course the media wants to make it political.. They need to have something to talk about and are really the root of the problem. Giving crazy people the forum to get the attention they want when they do this shit..

XUV8D.jpg

Definition of CAMPAIGN

a connected series of military operations forming a distinct phase of a war

Paul Kanjorski (D-Penn.) October 2010.
"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks."

Read more: http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion...jorski-ponders-nuts-bolts-from-blue-1.1052739

For the sole reason we don't want to hold the left accountable, I blame Sarah Palin.