Are your freaking kidding me?

I don't think it'd ever occur to me to sue a school over something like that if it happened to my kid, I'd want the pedo in jail and if the headteacher or whatever was negligent on his background checks etc. he should go to jail too.

She obviously had nothing in her background. They usually don't. Also, I think nowadays they do background checks. Fuck, they did them for managerial positions that I had, so they MUST do them on teachers!

She obviously had nothing in her background. They usually don't. Also, I think nowadays they do background checks. Fuck, they did them for managerial positions that I had, so they MUST do them on teachers!

You'd be surprised, I'm sure it's a general rule but a few years ago 2 kids got killed here and it turned out it was the janitor at the school and I don't think he had the proper background checks.

I don't think it'd ever occur to me to sue a school over something like that if it happened to my kid, I'd want the pedo in jail and if the headteacher or whatever was negligent on his background checks etc. he should go to jail too.

depends on how likely you think you'd get a conviction.

sometimes cases go to civil court because there isn't enough evidence for a full blown criminal case.

depends on how likely you think you'd get a conviction.

sometimes cases go to civil court because there isn't enough evidence for a full blown criminal case.

And sometimes people are just money grabbing cunts. If I ever got raped there's no way I'd settle for money, I want the fucker buttraped in prison for years. Anyone that would accept money ahead of actual justice is a lying pos.

And sometimes people are just money grabbing cunts. If I ever got raped there's no way I'd settle for money, I want the fucker buttraped in prison for years. Anyone that would accept money ahead of actual justice is a lying pos.

What if you just couldn't bring a criminal case to trial though? Sometimes there isn't enough evidence, sometimes the prosecutor is a dipshit, sometimes the police just suck.

You'd be surprised, I'm sure it's a general rule but a few years ago 2 kids got killed here and it turned out it was the janitor at the school and I don't think he had the proper background checks.

On teachers, though?!?!?! I'm pretty sure they do checks here.

:heart::heart::heart::heart: Exactry.

On teachers, though?!?!?! I'm pretty sure they do checks here.

Yeah they do checks on teachers, but I'm sure occasionally things are missed off. I've been in classes before and the teacher has laughed that they've been in the job for 35 years and not once has anyone asked to see their degree certificate etc. :lol:

They're trying to introduce new checks for anyone who looks after a child that isn't their own for x number of hours a week, even family friends. :wtf:

rejoice, people of brittania - and let new labour enter you into a big database so that everyones kids will be safe.

let us do the background checking, we're trustworthy. and we'll never have another holly wells/jessica chapman ever again in our fine island.

rejoice, people of brittania - and let new labour enter you into a big database so that everyones kids will be safe.

let us do the background checking, we're trustworthy. and we'll never have another holly wells/jessica chapman ever again in our fine island.

and never lose all the information, twice. :fly:

Edit: I dunno if you watch Question Time poleaux but Will Self summed it up prefectly the other day: You either want to live in a country where you're presumed innocent til guilty, or you want to live in a country where you're guilty til proven innocent.

Yeah they do checks on teachers, but I'm sure occasionally things are missed off. I've been in classes before and the teacher has laughed that they've been in the job for 35 years and not once has anyone asked to see their degree certificate etc. :lol:

They're trying to introduce new checks for anyone who looks after a child that isn't their own for x number of hours a week, even family friends. :wtf:

apparently i have to fill in this new form if i want to be a personal tutor to kids looking revision help with their a-levels in chemistry or biology...

possible paedophiles must be absolutely stymied by such a form. i recall filling in a clearance form which asked "Have you ever planned to attack the Government of the United Kingdom or the Monarchy - If yes, please give details"

apparently i have to fill in this new form if i want to be a personal tutor to kids looking revision help with their a-levels in chemistry or biology...

possible paedophiles must be absolutely stymied by such a form. i recall filling in a clearance form which asked "Have you ever planned to attack the Government of the United Kingdom or the Monarchy - If yes, please give details"

:lol: Britain is a joke, it's fucking hysterical.

An uncle of mine is permanently banned from the states because on a form is said 'Are you a member of or affiliated with a terrist or communist group?' and he said he was great friends with the Bolshevik's. No sense of humour.

and never lose all the information, twice. :fly:

Edit: I dunno if you watch Question Time poleaux but Will Self summed it up prefectly the other day: You either want to live in a country where you're presumed innocent til guilty, or you want to live in a country where you're guilty til proven innocent.

i saw that. pity this march isn't going to be stopped under the conservatives or under the liberal democrats. no future government is going to reverse the previous governments implemented policies, unless it's to do with Trident.

as terrible as the two girls murders were, people got up in arms and overreacted far too much. now we have this ridiculous laws to contend with based on the populism of NOTW readers. The Conversatives did have a somewhat nice lobby to reduce life on the register (even if innocent) to 6 years - but that's still ridiculous..

:lol: Britain is a joke, it's fucking hysterical.

An uncle of mine is permanently banned from the states because on a form is said 'Are you a member of or affiliated with a terrist or communist group?' and he said he was great friends with the Bolshevik's. No sense of humour.

customs officers are on-par with traffic wardens in terms of personality and usefulness..

i got impounded for an hour as i couldn't remember the exact time of my connecting flight when i was 17. had i been as assholish then as i am now i'd have probably got sent back, but at least i'd have a story to tell

i saw that. pity this march isn't going to be stopped under the conservatives or under the liberal democrats. no future government is going to reverse the previous governments implemented policies, unless it's to do with Trident.

as terrible as the two girls murders were, people got up in arms and overreacted far too much. now we have this ridiculous laws to contend with based on the populism of NOTW readers. The Conversatives did have a somewhat nice lobby to reduce life on the register (even if innocent) to 6 years - but that's still ridiculous..

I dunno, for some reason the tories seem to be a bit less Orwellian in their views. Never know though, if this is laboured out until the next election we could see the tories put the stoppers on it. Aren't they also anti-ID card too?

People will always get murdered, it's a simple fact, Minority Report isn't going to stop that.

customs officers are on-par with traffic wardens in terms of personality and usefulness..

i got impounded for an hour as i couldn't remember the exact time of my connecting flight when i was 17. had i been as assholish then as i am now i'd have probably got sent back, but at least i'd have a story to tell

I'm very much looking forward to going through US customs and my obligatory cavity search.