Are you making any New Year's Resolutions this year?

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
It's that time of year again, and every year people start out with the best intentions to do things better than they did before... so they make resolutions.

In the past, I have resolved to be less slutty, to quit smoking, to exercise, eat right, finish college, and all of the normal self-improvement stuff.

Do any of you still set out to make resolutions? I haven't for a few years because I never seem to be able to make good on them. :fly: But i think I'm going to try again this year.

1. I'm going to get back into shape. I know I say this every year but this year I've got help, and theres nothing more motivational than a training buddy.

2. I'm going to start eating and cooking healthier. This goes back to getting into shape, but what you put into your body really has a great effect on it, and my family has grown as of late, so I need to really be conscious about what I provide for them.

3. I'm going to be a better family member. I'm going to be in touch with my brothers and grandparents and aunts and uncles and stuff. I miss them and they miss me. All we need is one of us to bridge that gap and make things good again.

Anyone else?

Yes, and I've NEVER made resolutions before. At least not out loud.

One is to get a good chunk of my ever ongoing book written.

- Travel
- Like my ass again...
- Start Capoeira
- Learn Flamenco

I no longer make resolutions for things I should be working on at all times.

However, I plan on getting at least 5 new phone numbers on new years eve night. Thats not so much a resolution as a challenge to myself. Normally I don't give a shit but I'm going to use the night as a 'do something unusual' type of experience and see what it's like.

Kinda... I am getting some more workout equipment for Christmas. I guess its a "couple days before new years resolution" if that counts.

I am also slowing down on smoking so that I can quit in the near future. I dont poke to much smot anymore but still on the occasion, which I have no problem with. I sleep worse now that I am hippy free, which sucks.

Yes, and I've NEVER made resolutions before. At least not out loud.

One is to get a good chunk of my ever ongoing book written.

- Travel
- Like my ass again...
- Start Capoeira
- Learn Flamenco

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for a few years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that a few years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for a few years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yea, talking about that a few years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?

I lol'd

Bwahahhahahahahaha... so when does Brian pull back and smack you?

- be more chipper and less cynical with everyone in general
- get more sleep
- get back to playing rugby
- read more often