Are you a dreamer?

BigDov said:
I dream sometimes. Dream about running free across an open field of buttercups, daisies and bachelor's buttons, waving in a sea of knee-high grass with pretty little butterflies flitting about, and raising my voice in song, much like Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music............ but just sometimes.

:nev: :elfpenis:

I always find myself daydreaming. I don't rememebr my dreams at night very often. I have some dreams that I remember more than others. One of my best dreams was a lucid dream I had but ended too early. It was the most realistic dream I have ever had but I ruined it by opening my eyes. I have been struggling to replicate lucid dreaming again but I have been unsuccessful so far :(

kikbot said:
I always find myself daydreaming. I don't rememebr my dreams at night very often. I have some dreams that I remember more than others. One of my best dreams was a lucid dream I had but ended too early. It was the most realistic dream I have ever had but I ruined it by opening my eyes. I have been struggling to replicate lucid dreaming again but I have been unsuccessful so far :(

Is there a technique you use to ensure lucid dreaming?

BigDov said:
Is there a technique you use to ensure lucid dreaming?

there are techniques. Watch the movie Waking Life for a good view on lucid dreaming.

One technique is identifying what is possible in a dream. Lights for instance. Light is always constant in a dream. So every time you are in a room, you should flip the light switch on and off. This is to assure you arn't dreaming. Eventually this will become second nature to you. So if you are dreaming, you flip a light switch and nothing responds, your mind knows it's dreaming.

This ofcourse is an extreme example. But you need subconsiously look at cues as to when you are dreaming. And eventually your mind will do it on it's own. (hopefully)

But I can't attest to this working.

crazymike said:
there are techniques. Watch the movie Waking Life for a good view on lucid dreaming.

One technique is identifying what is possible in a dream. Lights for instance. Light is always constant in a dream. So every time you are in a room, you should flip the light switch on and off. This is to assure you arn't dreaming. Eventually this will become second nature to you. So if you are dreaming, you flip a light switch and nothing responds, your mind knows it's dreaming.

This ofcourse is an extreme example. But you need subconsiously look at cues as to when you are dreaming. And eventually your mind will do it on it's own. (hopefully)

But I can't attest to this working.

Wow, very interesting stuff. I think I need to explore this lucid dreaming a bit more.