Thread Are there modern protest songs?

Part of it is just the way music marketing happens now. All of it doesn't go through the talent scout--->record exec--->big corporate contract---radio mass promotion filter.

• Gravy
Reactions: Satan
I have a feeling we're going to see a lot of new protest songs moving forward.
I can't wait.
I've written a few but bass solos without lyrics don't get much attention.

'Classical Gas' gets stuck in my head every time there's civil unrest .
Mike Post , the guy that wrote a million tv themes arranged and orchestrated it .

It adapts well to acoustic bass guitar , all diatonic , but the coda is square so smooth it out with a rhythmic arpeggiation .
easier than it sounds .

'Classical Gas' gets stuck in my head every time there's civil unrest .
Mike Post , the guy that wrote a million tv themes arranged and orchestrated it .

It adapts well to acoustic bass guitar , all diatonic , but the coda is square so smooth it out with a rhythmic arpeggiation .
easier than it sounds .
I remember that from when I was a kid. They played it on the oldies channel in the 90s. I used to call it something else because it is similar ish to the music from some sci fi movie.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
I remember that from when I was a kid. They played it on the oldies channel in the 90s. I used to call it something else because it is similar ish to the music from some sci fi movie.

I want to know which sci-fi movie it is now ....
It's not HHGTTG by Douglas Adams you're thinking of ?
Not too similar but the plinkety plink intro might be considered.

I want to know which sci-fi movie it is now ....
It's not HHGTTG by Douglas Adams you're thinking of ?
Not too similar but the plinkety plink intro might be considered.
No. For some reason I keep thinking of the animated Hobbit movie from the 70s or flight of the dragons.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher