GAY Are gays (like your mom) being too annoying?

It's like a boy saying he wants to be called a girl because it's sexist not to, and then having a parade about it. lolx.

Judith: [on Stan's desire to be a mother] Here! I've got an idea: Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb - which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans' - but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother... sister, sorry.
Reg: What's the *point*?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.

southpark1783.jpg

I think this gay thing is mostly American. Over here we only have 3 gays, Elton John, Stephen Fry and Louis Spence. And maybe the guy at no 54. He walks funny and dresses well. He must be gay.

I think this gay thing is mostly American. Over here we only have 3 gays, Elton John, Stephen Fry and Louis Spence. And maybe the guy at no 54. He walks funny and dresses well. He must be gay.

Will Young and Graham Norton?

that's because it's impossible to tell the difference between a gay brit and a straight brit

Iowa doesn't support gay marriage after all. They voted out three supreme court judges there that made gay marriage legal... Or something to that effect. "we don't want activist judges making our laws, we want our legislature doing it" was the simply and overly correct message.

Iowa doesn't support gay marriage after all. They voted out three supreme court judges there that made gay marriage legal... Or something to that effect. "we don't want activist judges making our laws, we want our legislature doing it" was the simply and overly correct message.

Yeah I saw that. I don't understand the concept of "activist judge". Their job is to interpret the law. They interpreted the Iowa constitution as being discriminatory with the given case, stating that having separate but equal "civil unions" were not sufficient for the Equal Clause act of their constitution. That isn't activism, that's just a simple ruling they gave.

And over 60% of Iowans polled support gay marriage, so even if it went to a vote by the populace, it would still get in.

And even though those judges that ruled FOR marriage equality have been voted out, their ruling still stands, as well as their statements for it and the facts and reasons for it. It would take a court case going up through the ranks that ALLOWS discrimination or like in CA an amendment to the Iowa constitution explicitly stating the makeup of a marriage is exclusively a man and woman to overturn the ruling. Iowa, however, does not do amendments to their constitution in a similar fashion as CA (by simple majority). It has to get a vote by the legislatures as well as 2/3 vote by the populace to get in. It seems very unlikely to get either.

Gay rights campaigners have lashed out at the producers and writers of TV musical Glee for including a controversial line about transvestites in the show's pre-Halloween tribute to The Rocky Horror Show.

The cast took on characters from the spooky and camp 1970s musical in a themed episode, which scored huge ratings last week (ends29Oct10).

But Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) officials have taken issue with the use of the word 'tranny' to describe Rocky Horror's chief character Frank-n-Furter, who dresses in stockings, lingerie and high heels.

In the Glee tribute, actor Harry Shum Jr.'s character Mike is forced to pull out of his role as Frank-n-Furter because his conservative parents don't want him to look like a "tranny".

A statement from GLAAD reads, "The casual manner in which the word was used is jarring, even if he (Shum, Jr's character) may have been repeating what his parents said.

"This inclusion of this slur is particularly alarming given last season's powerful episode in which Kurt's father chastised Finn for using the word 'f*g'. That episode sent a powerful message to the show's young fanbase that words have power and they can hurt.

"Unfortunately the larger problem here is that the word 'tranny' has become an easy punchline in popular culture, and many still don't realise that using the term is hurtful, dehumanising and associated with violence, hatred and derision against transgender people - a community that is nearly invisible in media today." »

stfu glaad. you always have something to bitch about. I'm guessing that given the show it's talking about, the whole point of using that word - by conservative parents no less - is to show how damaging and wrong it is

edit: the fucking transgender community is nearly invisible in media today BECAUSE ITS A TINY SLIVER OF THE FUCKING POPULATION

just because a group of people exists doesn't mean they're owed time in the media

Doesn't glee have a gay character? If I was them I'd get back at glad by getting rid of that character and completely eliminate gay culture or issues from the show.