GAY Are gays (like your mom) being too annoying?

I will stop bitching about it when state and locals laws explicitly denying rights to a group of people have been categorically removed, if federally or collectively at the appropriate level.

I'm going to step this up to 11. I have zero problem with what you want. However, I will only support it if, at the same time those laws denying rights to a group of people have been removed, other laws specifically granting rights and protections to those same groups are also removed, making everyone exactly the same, under the law. No special protections, no special endowments, no special anything. 1 person, 1 law. Period.

I'm going to step this up to 11. I have zero problem with what you want. However, I will only support it if, at the same time those laws denying rights to a group of people have been removed, other laws specifically granting rights and protections to those same groups are also removed, making everyone exactly the same, under the law. No special protections, no special endowments, no special anything. 1 person, 1 law. Period.

I am ok with that.

Blacks and woman were even louder when they were fighting for their equal rights.

I haven't seen any gay riots on tv lately with cops spraying them down with fire hoses. Probably because they'd just turn on YMCA and make the whole incident even gayer.

Blacks and woman were even louder when they were fighting for their equal rights.

I haven't seen any gay riots on tv lately with cops spraying them down with fire hoses. Probably because they'd just turn on YMCA and make the whole incident even gayer.

No riots but peaceful demonstrations. Almost weekly actually.

Gays aren't annoying for being gay anymore. They're annoying for all shit they do during the colorful protests. I mean really. A gay protest means grown guys parading around in thongs through the streets making out with each other. It means fat chicks with shaved heads and butt ugly braless attire running around with gay rights signs.

it makes as much sense as Bozo the Clown showing up with signs.

03993895.jpg

You 'homos' completely lose the message when you act, well, Gay.

You're not all making the difference you think you are.

Last edited:
I agree that those ones are ridiculous and counterproductive. You can't proclaim that you are not a weird sexual deviant when you run around like a weird sexual deviant. But not all gay rights protests are that way at all.

for some reason db thinks everyone should be accepting of homos. Fact is, he should be happy with the majority. Just like everyone won't every agree on marriage, abortion, religion, etc. everyone is never going to agree on homosexuality. And honestly, who gives a fuck about those few?

for some reason db thinks everyone should be accepting of homos. Fact is, he should be happy with the majority. Just like everyone won't every agree on marriage, abortion, religion, etc. everyone is never going to agree on homosexuality. And honestly, who gives a fuck about those few?

Bwhahahahaha :lol:

Just like we always get to listen to your seven percent, we always get to listen to the ten percent that hate gays. What about the rest of us who simply don't care what you do with your own life? You seem to forget we exist and lump us in with the gay haters just because we aren't out signing petitions for you or something.

Just out of curiosity DB can you give me an example of something in your life you were held back from? I'm not taking an example persecution or anything like that because you can use the same scenario for race, religion, sex, etc. I mean something you really wanted to do that you couldn't.

It's the prospect of being held back from things you may want at some point. Like marriage, shared benefits, tax implications, etc. etc.

Just like we always get to listen to your seven percent, we always get to listen to the ten percent that hate gays. What about the rest of us who simply don't care what you do with your own life? You seem to forget we exist and lump us in with the gay haters just because we aren't out signing petitions for you or something.

I confess we do not do nearly enough recognition of the 50% of the population that is either apathetic or on our side enough to vote that way. It wasn't 7% that voted against Prop 8. It was 46%. Now there are even more. But if more "meh" people just took the small effort to vote differently, none of this would be an issue.

Just out of curiosity DB can you give me an example of something in your life you were held back from? I'm not taking an example persecution or anything like that because you can use the same scenario for race, religion, sex, etc. I mean something you really wanted to do that you couldn't.

I could not put chim on my medical insurance while he was between jobs because my company's insurance only recognizes "Individual" or "Spouse" and in Ohio we could not be legally married (not even civil unioned gay or straight, not even Common Law married).

A bit more touchy feely, but I want to call chim my husband because it can technically be so. I can call him a husband now, but it isn't but a term of endearment until I get paperwork or spiritual buy-in.

I haven't checked in Texas, but in Ohio, had something happened to me, technically even with Power of Attorney chim couldn't collect my insurance. Direct legal family members can trump a power of attorney, especially if it was with a gay couple. I talked to my family about that fact and they were surprised that was even possible and said if chim is on the paperwork as a dependent he gets it, but that option was still outstanding.

I confess we do not do nearly enough recognition of the 50% of the population that is either apathetic or on our side enough to vote that way. It wasn't 7% that voted against Prop 8. It was 46%. Now there are even more. But if more "meh" people just took the small effort to vote differently, none of this would be an issue.

Wasn't Prop 8 JUST a california thing? So now, 46% of a california vote = 50% of the nation being apathetic or voting your way? Considering only 7 million of california's 37 million voted yes to prop 8, that's less than 21% of californians. So, saying it's '50%' of the nation just doesn't swing with me.

I still say the Gay community needs to put forward some hot spokespeople. If you had two playmates on tv asking why is it against the law for them to be married and have hot sex every night every male voter would be at the polls in the next election.