GAY Are gays (like your mom) being too annoying?

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
So this news program had some interesting points.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/talkback/obama-administration-boasts-largest-number-of-gay-appointees

East Texans asked their opinion on the question: Do you think this country's acceptance of homosexuality could lead to it's downfall?

One point was why does that 7% of the population take up so much news space complaining about their civil rights and freedoms.

Are gays causing the downfall of the country? And are gays being too annoying, getting in the way of other legislation?

Definitely. I think gays are for the most part accepted and now people are sick of hearing about it to the point where they begin to loathe gays. Also, whenever progress is made, you never seem happy. It's either to little, to late, or you want to rush into other outstanding issues.

Gay people can be annoying, yes. Because they are human. Everyone is annoying. I've annoyed myself with all my whiny introspection over the past few months. Will they continue to be annoying after they are finally accepted as borderline human by non-gays? That's the real question.

Definitely. I think gays are for the most part accepted and now people are sick of hearing about it to the point where they begin to loathe gays.

If you had heard the phone calls on that video, most of those people do not accept homosexuality as a human condition to be accepted but rather a trait to alienate and ridicule and ostracize.

Also, whenever progress is made, you never seem happy. It's either to little,
Me personally, I am not happy because there are still outstanding issues with even the small steps forward, such as a president SAYING he will repeal something, has the ability to do as such, and refuses not to, making excuses.

For as many years has I have bought into being a citizen of this country, I would like to have my rights I paid for, or I want a refund with interest. Acceptance takes many years and generational changes, but if laws are in the books actively discriminating, public opinion of homosexuality will never start to improve. The sooner governmental changes take place, the sooner societal changes can happen.

or you want to rush into other outstanding issues.
Because the fact is there are still outstanding issues to look at.

The Mass group for equal marriage rights disbanned after their constitution was amended for marriage equality. There was no more need for that group so it disbanned. There are still outstanding reasons for groups to continue pressure, even at the local level, because active discrimination is happening daily. It might not be marriage in CT, but a couple cannot file federal taxes jointly, or in FL you technically still can't adopt a child if you are a gay person, or if you are in Omaha you can still be fired for simply being gay regardless of your job performance.

Personally I am grateful for all of the victories we have had so far in reintroducing the concept of every US citizen is equal and should share equal rights with others. There are a lot of issues to look at and some victories make fighting the remaining issues easier to identify and add pressure to.

I will stop bitching about it when state and locals laws explicitly denying rights to a group of people have been categorically removed, if federally or collectively at the appropriate level.

such as a president SAYING he will repeal something, has the ability to do as such, and refuses not to, making excuses.

no, he doesn't have the ability to simply repeal it

act of congress requires act of congress or judicial nullification to undo, potus cannot simply repeal it

and it doesn't matter what percentage of the population y'all are, equal rights are no less important just because the group in question can be a little overdramatic at times

no, he doesn't have the ability to simply repeal it

act of congress requires act of congress or judicial nullification to undo, potus cannot simply repeal it

and it doesn't matter what percentage of the population y'all are, equal rights are no less important just because the group in question can be a little overdramatic at times

I wasn't talking about DADT exclusively, you know. And yes he can issue a stay, with or without that court ruling and subsequent appeal.

How else does one make a point if sequined dresses and long sing and dance numbers are removed?

When did power armor start being called a dress?

194322ss_sm2.jpg

I wasn't talking about DADT exclusively, you know. And yes he can issue a stay, with or without that court ruling and subsequent appeal.

How else does one make a point if sequined dresses and long sing and dance numbers are removed?
there isn't anything else he's promised to repeal that is related to this issue :p

and a stay would be counter-productive, just like the current one is. even in the emails we're getting it specifically says that the legal atmosphere is uncertain and anyone outing themselves under the current circumstances could very easily be held accountable if it's appealed. they're advising people to seek legal counsel before taking any action inspired by the recent ruling. a stay would have resulted in the same thing, people deciding everything is kosher so they come out, then bam the stay is overturned - which happens all the fucking time, especially since they almost always have a time limit - and those people that came out are now in deep shit because obama loses the next election and parah salin vetoes the repeal

he's doing it the right way. this judge and all the people cheering for it are doing it the wrong way and are liable to cause more harm than good.