Arab hospitality

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
I just got back from visiting my Mom, who lives in the UAE. My brother got there a couple days before me. One evening they were out to dinner with an Arab friend of Mom's. During a short lull in conversation my brother complimented the guy on his nice watch. He barely got the words out before he realised his mistake. The guy whipped it off and insisted my brother take it. My bro eventually got him to keep it, but it wasn't easy. He said he couldn't possibly accept the watch off his wrist. Two days later he was presented the watch in a box.

I'm looking for an Arab driving a Ferrarri I can tell him is nice.

Pfft, I bet they don't have Swatches in the UAE.
one less at least
swatch.gif

...and with the way the brits are invading the country if you say you wanna jump her you'll only get a sweater.

A friend of mine and I were pouring over a nifty AMG Mercedes in London, when the Turkish fellow standing somewhat nearby on his cellphone came over, unlocked the car and invited us to get in and take a look :lol:

Stare at someone's car that long in the US and you'd be more likely to get hit in the head with a bat from behind

Americans can be such asshats.

A friend of mine and I were pouring over a nifty AMG Mercedes in London, when the Turkish fellow standing somewhat nearby on his cellphone came over, unlocked the car and invited us to get in and take a look :lol:

Stare at someone's car that long in the US and you'd be more likely to get hit in the head with a bat from behind

Depends on where you are. Up here you'd probably be invited to sit in the thing for a bit and have a cold one.

I just got back from visiting my Mom, who lives in the UAE. My brother got there a couple days before me. One evening they were out to dinner with an Arab friend of Mom's. During a short lull in conversation my brother complimented the guy on his nice watch. He barely got the words out before he realised his mistake. The guy whipped it off and insisted my brother take it. My bro eventually got him to keep it, but it wasn't easy. He said he couldn't possibly accept the watch off his wrist. Two days later he was presented the watch in a box.

I'm looking for an Arab driving a Ferrarri I can tell him is nice.

Thats awesome. Did you get to see those man made islands? Do tourist stuff? Pics? Backstory on why your mom lives there and you dont?

Im Sarcasmo and I grew up all around the world in places that make the UAE look like shit. BTW, I built a road once, they now call it the LA freeway system.

I have had some of the best times of my life in UAE. Dubai is a fucking awesome city. But as you stated the Brits have basically took over UAE, Qatar, and Bahrain.

Thats awesome. Did you get to see those man made islands? Do tourist stuff? Pics? Backstory on why your mom lives there and you dont?
i didn't get to see them directly, no. but the only manmade islands are "the world". i have seen the palm jumeirah (the first one) when it was still under construction though. it was visible from the bar in the burj al arab, which i visited the last time i was there, two years ago. from what i understand the palm jumeriah is done now, but requiring constant dredging to keep it in the planned shape. totally unsusainable. they better hope they don't run out of oil anytime soon.

my mom is a teacher at a college there... she's teaching education to future english teachers. we're all from canada but she moved over there a few years ago and doesn't have any plans to move "home" anytime soon.