GAY April needs our help!

I took you as the guy that when it's time to do your first mow you lower the blade all the way down and just burn the grass for the season.
I swapped up all my sprinkler heads for the MP rotator water conserving jobbers, and re-seeded the lawn with a park mix of fescue and bluegrass when I moved in. My grass growing game is on point.

I swapped up all my sprinkler heads for the MP rotator water conserving jobbers, and re-seeded the lawn with a park mix of fescue and bluegrass when I moved in. My grass growing game is on point.

Mine does good but when we hit a bad water year it just goes to shit. Plus it's a daily battle with weeds.

Mine does good but when we hit a bad water year it just goes to shit. Plus it's a daily battle with weeds.
I don't have any problem with weeds, just keeping it alive in the summer, while half of it is shaded by a (very poorly maintained from the PO) elm and the other half just bakes in the sun.

I don't have any problem with weeds, just keeping it alive in the summer, while half of it is shaded by a (very poorly maintained from the PO) elm and the other half just bakes in the sun.

We get some stupid crazy weeds here. Plus with all the natural grass being either crap or buffalo the wind tends to bring them into everything and it spreads like herpes.

Mowing weeds and dead leaves. :(
years ago we went through a drought for an entire summer. I was on a large corner lot and with the city rationing lawn irrigation - I sacrificed the 'parkway' grass between the road and sidewalk. When fall rolled around I was just mowing a few clumps of crabgrass and rolling over dead lawn. It was so embarrassing. Thank god most of the town looked that way.