Appliance recommendations/experience

S

smileynev

We need to purchase a new fridge, stove, and Washer/dryer combo for the new house. We currently have a maytag wide by side fridge, a maytag stove (I think) and maytag washer/dryer. Right now we are looking at getting all black appliances for the kitchen. Wife really likes the look of LG's stuff, but they are pricier and I am concerned about their reliability. I want to stick with Whirpool for the fridge. Any recommendations?

ChikkenNoodul said:
KitchenAid for the fridge, it's built stronger than the Whirlpool ;)

The new stackable Maytag or Whirlpool washer + dryer

Our GE stove is fine, but it was $2800 so I dunno if that's in your range

Our Kenmore Elite dishwasher is just dandy
$2800?

Thats like, my entire budget plus some.
I want to stick around $500 for the stove, $1200 for the fridge, and under $400 each for the washer and dryer.

Pancake Wagon said:
$2800?

I want to stick around $500 for the stove, $1200 for the fridge, and under $400 each for the washer and dryer.
That's gonna be a really crappy washer and dryer.

Pancake Wagon said:
$2800?

If you have a scratchNdent store there , try it first.
I got a nice black side by side frigidaire refridgerator there , it was 1200$ normally, but I got it for 750$, and all it had was a small scratch near the bottom on the side.

theacoustician said:
That's gonna be a really crappy washer and dryer.
I barely ever change the wash type or drying options on our current set. Generally, unless you pay significantly more for front loaders or different washing technologies entirely, the more you pay the more useless features you get. We currently have a set that ran about $800 total and it works great for us.

Drool-Boy said:
I got a nice black side by side frigidaire refridgerator there , it was 1200$ normally, but I got it for 750$, and all it had was a small scratch near the bottom on the side.
That's how I got my old Amana side by side with icemaker, tiny little nick and it was 50% off.

Worked like a charm for the 5 years I had it.

Pancake Wagon said:
I barely ever change the wash type or drying options on our current set. Generally, unless you pay significantly more for front loaders or different washing technologies entirely, the more you pay the more useless features you get. We currently have a set that ran about $800 total and it works great for us.
If ours actually washed and dried the clothes, that'd be nice.

Drool-Boy said:
Thats our other problem. We need to finance them for the most part, so we need to stick to places that offer financing, ie best buy, sears, home depot, etc.

There is a sears surplus place not too far from us we may checkout.

Pancake Wagon said:
Thats our other problem. We need to finance them for the most part, so we need to stick to places that offer financing, ie best buy, sears, home depot, etc.

There is a sears surplus place not too far from us we may checkout.

Yeah most SnD places are cash only
Try Sears

we have 2 sears scratch n dent stores in atlanta and I bought every appliance I've ever purchased from them...little dent on the SIDE of a dryer gets you 1/2 off? no brainer...$600 dishwasher with no visible problems at all for $350?? hell yeah!

why_ask_why said:
we have whole stores that are sears scratch n dent outlets
They opened one up here about a year ago. I didn't see too many great deals on appliances when we went to it, but they had some on their big screen tvs.

Pancake Wagon said:
They opened one up here about a year ago. I didn't see too many great deals on appliances when we went to it, but they had some on their big screen tvs.

you have to keep checkin back, because the move stuff through there really fast

Drool-Boy said:
you have to keep checkin back, because the move stuff through there really fast
Go midweek. All the crap that's been returned over the weekend gets through processing and hits the SnD floor then.