Thread Apple vs AT&T who's the iPhone winner

Who is the winner with AT&T losing exclusive rights to the iPhone

• AT&T

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Apple

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters
There were rarely any complaints until the world's most popular phone came onto AT&T's network. I would think one of the world's largest networks (Verizon) could handle the added traffic. AT&T hasn't had too many smartphones before the iPhone came along to test it's bandwidth. Verizon, however, has. They have the capacity in their network I think to deal with the onslaught.

In the end, it doesn't matter. The US cell phone subscriber pays a higher percentage in their income to cell phones and cell phone plans than almost any other country for lesser speeds. We are all getting shafted.

We are getting shafted, but some of it is our own doing.

How many people do you know that complain about finances yet have a new cell phone every year or less?

I'm sorry, but no, you don't NEED a $300 smart phone and associated data/media plans that run upwards of $100 a month if you're having trouble paying other bills.

but how am i gonna text my out of state friends what i'm having for lunch and do it in style?

i'm thinking a rating site like "amihotornot", if they score above an 7.5 the uniform will be birthday suit.

the fat ugly chicks will be drivers.

att service in atlanta is great and so is verizon. once upon a time I lived in one of the few valleys in atlanta and I switched from verizon to att while living there because att got the newer devices first and that's part of my business. I would get a few bars of verizon in my basement there but had to make phone calls from the culdesac to get a bar or 2 on att. living in downtown atlanta I get full bars of 3g service at pretty much all times on att so service is no longer an issue. I'll stick with att because they get the best new devices first. until that changes, I'm not changing

I loved Alltel. Then Verizon walmarted them, and now I'm a verizon customer.

ATT's coverage down in some parts of FL isn't the best.

att service in atlanta is great and so is verizon. once upon a time I lived in one of the few valleys in atlanta and I switched from verizon to att while living there because att got the newer devices first and that's part of my business. I would get a few bars of verizon in my basement there but had to make phone calls from the culdesac to get a bar or 2 on att. living in downtown atlanta I get full bars of 3g service at pretty much all times on att so service is no longer an issue. I'll stick with att because they get the best new devices first. until that changes, I'm not changing

I am currently working on NCSU campus with full coverage 3G anywhere you go, even in the elevators surprisingly. Daily I am getting calls from movers and drivers and relocation consultants for my impending trip to Texas. And daily, almost without fail, the calls get dropped. The coverage goes from full signal 3G to no service whatsoever, then 10 seconds later picks up some bars again. Keep in mind I have literally not moved. I was sitting in my chair the whole time in my office.

:wtf:

And driving through downtown Cleveland, the only place that's full coverage for AT&T, I will be in a call and I will drop it as I drive right over the heart of the city. Without fail if I start a call as I enter the city border, it will be dropped somewhere as I drive through the center of it.

Either that's shitty repeater towers or the iPhone's shittiness in switching between towers. I blame AT&T for just general shittiness.

Apple wins.

Crappy service (even before the iPhone release) and crappy 3G coverage, they're going to lose everyone soon.

not if people have worse problems after they all jump ship which is yet to be seen. that would be a funny twist