Apparently Iphone users hate poor people

Another internet buddy of mine works for apple now as a dev for itunes. After discussing it at length with him and listening to his reasoning for why apple does the things it does, what it comes down to is they are basically the AOL of the phone world, one big walled garden to babysit their users and keep them out of trouble.

Apparently in the books the black girl is specifically described as being dark skinned, too. I don't know, because I haven't read them. But I think that's funny. "Why does she have to be black? I always pictured her as a blonde haired, blue eyed girl." <--- Actual criticism of the film, paraphrased.

Apparently in the books the black girl is specifically described as being dark skinned, too. I don't know, because I haven't read them. But I think that's funny. "Why does she have to be black? I always pictured her as a blonde haired, blue eyed girl." <--- Actual criticism of the film, paraphrased.

Regardless if she was described or not, I fail to understand why people care that she was black. I mean, wtf? Seriously, why were people upset?

Another internet buddy of mine works for apple now as a dev for itunes. After discussing it at length with him and listening to his reasoning for why apple does the things it does, what it comes down to is they are basically the AOL of the phone world, one big walled garden to babysit their users and keep them out of trouble.
I think this is why my parents love their apple gear. They got iPhones and within 3 months got a 27" imac and an iPad. Their Motorola xoom sits discarded.

Regardless if she was described or not, I fail to understand why people care that she was black. I mean, wtf? Seriously, why were people upset?

I don't know, it just seems even stranger that they ignore how she actually WAS black. Or possibly Indian. Or maybe a tan Spaniard.

page 45 and 98 (I check for you, just for you), specifically described as "dark brown skin"

People are upset, I'm guessing, because she dies and it's a plot point and of course killing the dark skinned character is racist.

I don't understand why people are going apeshit about this book now anyway. I read it shortly after it came out and it was just sorta meh dystopian fiction. It's not even particularly graphic. The Dispossessed is way better as far as dystopian goes or even any random philip k dick book.