Anyone want a Cat?

Pandora

Flaccid Member
Oct 19, 2004
7,656
0
0
Atlanta GA!
skewed.textamerica.com
Marklar
₥0
elpmis said:
That's a shame, considering how government employees write of anything and everything they do on top of using tax payer's dollars to buy home appliances, cars, etc

Damn I knew I shoulda gone into government! Especially if I could land a sweetass unionized job. :drool:


**goes to see if NAGE has joblistings*
 

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
4,158
1
232
Marklar
₥5
Onnotangu said:
I want kitty.

send to michigan.

00FDPd-28111384.jpg
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
Pandora said:
And people wonder why I hate people.

I'd take one but I already have 4 cats I rescued from irresponsible owners. Good luck tho Hydro. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you both! :heart:


I love this about you too.
 

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
1,446
0
0
42
Marklar
₥0
zengirl said:
A lot of times people are scared into getting rid of their cats when they're pregnant because of toxoplasmosis so they'll pretty much use any excuse to get rid of the poor kittahs.

It's one of the most misleading and overhyped things ever.

Toxoplasmosis sure was a convenient excuse to make me clean the litter box for all eternity. :sob:
 

HifiGirly

Half-staff Member
Nov 16, 2004
634
4
16
39
Ohio
Marklar
₥0
fly said:
Uhhh, there are plenty of meds you can take WHILE pregnant. I'll skip the whole irresponsible rant I'd like to go into right now.

Irresponsible rant... I could give that rant to hydroSqueegee's whole family on a regular basis. We don't exactly see eye to eye on the animal subject. I've worked at a vet's office for 5 years now and come from a family who all take very good care of their animals. I don't bother to try anymore as they have no idea what I see on a daily basis esp. with animals from pet store as all of their animals come from them and mine are all strays or rescues.

Since he did bring this up on here does anyone agree with this? I think his sister should pay for the cat to be updated on his vaccines and have a stool check as my animals are all up to date on vaccines and healthy. I feel they should take a little financial responsibility for the cat.
 

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
68,732
1,999
923
Marklar
₥0
HifiGirly said:
Irresponsible rant... I could give that rant to hydroSqueegee's whole family on a regular basis. We don't exactly see eye to eye on the animal subject. I've worked at a vet's office for 5 years now and come from a family who all take very good care of their animals. I don't bother to try anymore as they have no idea what I see on a daily basis esp. with animals from pet store as all of their animals come from them and mine are all strays or rescues.

Since he did bring this up on here does anyone agree with this? I think his sister should pay for the cat to be updated on his vaccines and have a stool check as my animals are all up to date on vaccines and healthy. I feel they should take a little financial responsibility for the cat.


if you're kind enough to relieve them of the apparent burden, that seems like a reasonable request
 

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
4,158
1
232
Marklar
₥5
why_ask_why said:
if you're kind enough to relieve them of the apparent burden, that seems like a reasonable request

Agreed, that' snot too much to ask. <- Edit, I see the typo there but I left it cuz it's funny :p

Heck we've taken it upon ourselves to pay for Eileen's rescue kitten to see the vet, we have gotten it the first treatment for parasite prevention and flea prevention, and we have toys and food ready to go off with it when she picks it up. I would have gotten it the first distemper shot too but the vet wouldn't give it to her since she was not yet 6 weeks old (just turned 6 this week). We just don't want to see the kittens go to the humane society and get the gas chamber.

Thanks again guys for adopting :heart:
 

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
1,446
0
0
42
Marklar
₥0
haha! we had them on our cellphone plan. It took months to get their share of the payments. My parents even paid their payments a couple times.

I highly doubt they will pay for the shots and medical workup. If it was too much trouble for them to do it when they had the cat, im sure they will just drop it off in a barn somewhere rather than pay to have it done now.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
HydroSqueegee said:
haha! we had them on our cellphone plan. It took months to get their share of the payments. My parents even paid their payments a couple times.

I highly doubt they will pay for the shots and medical workup. If it was too much trouble for them to do it when they had the cat, im sure they will just drop it off in a barn somewhere rather than pay to have it done now.


That's horrible. How can you do that to someone and/or do that to a cat?!
 

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
1,446
0
0
42
Marklar
₥0
April23 said:
That's horrible. How can you do that to someone and/or do that to a cat?!

its a long and wonderfull story. Basically my brother in law has had some spine issues and was on disability with his union for about 3 years. It took about half that time to actually get them to pay him his disibility and in the mean time they lived on a beer budget with a wine taste.
So after having a house and car repoed on them, they actually brought my parents to their knees financially (because they did everything in their power to help them). My parents had financial issues of their own in the first place, but were on track to recover untill they were bled dry by my sister and family (dad is a retired colonel, but working as a contractor for the AF, and moms a retired teacher... so that = a shit ton of money). So durring all that my dad lost his job and fun times happened. (large bills for my moms medical issues + supporting a family of 4 who needs everything and then some).

Over the years ive borrowed 2K from my parents plus they were kind enough to pay my 20k worth of student loans. I fear to think how much my sister has cost them.


And you have no idea how my family is with pets. The vet actually refuses to put animals down for them now.
 
Last edited: