Anyone running WinXP-64?

fly said:
Stealing (from large companies) > paying

Smaller stuff I'll pay for... trillian, ase (but I may not now since its owned by Yahoo), and a few others.

Okay there Needsmoreemo

b_sinning said:
I get all that stuff free from work. The licensing covers us using the stuff at home too.

ah, the benefits of working at a school

KNYTE said:
It has more to do with the "screw the man" mindset that I picked up from my tech-mentors than actually not being able to afford legit software. Plus cracking them is so much more fun.

Plus, the guys enforcing software theft scare me a whole heck of lot less than the ATF does for stealing guns.
The man always wins. Always. The only people you actually screw are all the programming geeks. The man passes the blame down onto them.

I've been runnign 64bit XP for almost 2 months now.

I use the built in audio (bye bye audigy 2...don't need it now...because i'm only using stereo speakers cause i got no room for all 6 surround sound on my Asus A8N Sli deluxe mobo, and built in nics, and everything else on the board runs fine...

Then i have 2x geforce 6600gts using a leaked driver that hasn't been updated in almost a month that runs awesome. The only problem i have is my USB thermal cd printer won't work cause there's no 64bit driver, and my usb linksys wireless nic won't work cause there's no 64bit driver yet.

For the cd printer I installed VMWare and installed Windows XP sp2 in there. I can start up VMWare XP plug in my printer, and print no problem...same thing wiht the wireless nic..so ti's cool cause i can be downloading via wireless on my VMWare XP box, and still play games in XP 64bit.

Oh and the 64bit far cry is very pleasant on the eyes!! But i had to knock the resolution down to 1280x1024 wtih all grafix options maxed...where as the 32bit i could run 2048x1536 with all grafix options maxed...oh well...still looks awesome!!

For Antivirus i use Avast.
CD Burning = Nero
CD Image converter program - Ultra ISO cause nero won't burn all formats

There are no apps to mount ISOs so I mount it in VMWare and share the cd drive and i can install games via cd image over the network like that cause i hate all these cd/dvds i have.

Avid Xpress HD won't install on this version of Windows...

Area 51 won't install on this version of windows, but if I share my games harddrive, and install it in VMWare to the games shared folder, i can execute the game in XP 64...then i found out the game isn't as cool as the commercial says...oh well..it was fun making it work.

All other games run fine...quake 3 arena, ut2003, ut2004, swat4, quake 3, bf2...

Umm....other than that...i can't remember... LOL

Oh...M$ is giving free exchange for your xp pro cd key to get a new xp 64 key. It's good stuff!!!

SchmilK said:
I've been runnign 64bit XP for almost 2 months now.

I use the built in audio (bye bye audigy 2...don't need it now...because i'm only using stereo speakers cause i got no room for all 6 surround sound on my Asus A8N Sli deluxe mobo, and built in nics, and everything else on the board runs fine...

Then i have 2x geforce 6600gts using a leaked driver that hasn't been updated in almost a month that runs awesome. The only problem i have is my USB thermal cd printer won't work cause there's no 64bit driver, and my usb linksys wireless nic won't work cause there's no 64bit driver yet.

For the cd printer I installed VMWare and installed Windows XP sp2 in there. I can start up VMWare XP plug in my printer, and print no problem...same thing wiht the wireless nic..so ti's cool cause i can be downloading via wireless on my VMWare XP box, and still play games in XP 64bit.

Oh and the 64bit far cry is very pleasant on the eyes!! But i had to knock the resolution down to 1280x1024 wtih all grafix options maxed...where as the 32bit i could run 2048x1536 with all grafix options maxed...oh well...still looks awesome!!

For Antivirus i use Avast.
CD Burning = Nero
CD Image converter program - Ultra ISO cause nero won't burn all formats

There are no apps to mount ISOs so I mount it in VMWare and share the cd drive and i can install games via cd image over the network like that cause i hate all these cd/dvds i have.

Avid Xpress HD won't install on this version of Windows...

Area 51 won't install on this version of windows, but if I share my games harddrive, and install it in VMWare to the games shared folder, i can execute the game in XP 64...then i found out the game isn't as cool as the commercial says...oh well..it was fun making it work.

All other games run fine...quake 3 arena, ut2003, ut2004, swat4, quake 3, bf2...

Umm....other than that...i can't remember... LOL

Oh...M$ is giving free exchange for your xp pro cd key to get a new xp 64 key. It's good stuff!!!

This thread smells like nerd. And cat pee.

I have it, but I just havent gotten around to doing it yet. I think im waiting to the fall simply because I dont think theres drivers for everything I use yet. I know theres none for my Epson printer, but thats suposed to be fixed next month and im about to replace it soon. That and I do use Daemon Tools a bunch and I dont think it works yet, and im worried about programs I have that may use 16-bit installers. I'll probably end up doing it when I get a sata main drive in a few weeks anyhow.