Thread Anyone researched their family history?

Norse god: :drool:
Eric-true-blood-7865264-393-463.jpg

When my first wife was pregnant I convinced her I seriously wanted to name our first born Zaphod Beeblebrox. Maybe that's why she's my first wife now.

:case:

Sadly true. Not sure Alex would had thanked you - imagine what his life would be now if you had done such a thing.

When I was younger DJB used to tell me that 'Carys' was swahili for 'gobshite'

So, if one were to do this, how would one go about it?

I know my immediate family and most of the generation above me, and then little of the generation after that.

So, if one were to do this, how would one go about it?

I know my immediate family and most of the generation above me, and then little of the generation after that.

Ancestry.com is a good place to start
although, I'm not sure they recorded the people who snuck into this country in rafts. :fly:

I'm related to good ole George Wallace, the fun ex-Governor of Alabama, and supposedly back to the Scottish clan of William Wallace. Every Wallace typically says that but we use to always get invites from distant relatives still in Scotland for big annual stuff there. I haven't taken the time to trace the bloodlines back that far directly.

My fathers mother was a Stough straight out of Nazi Germany. On hindsight that probably explains my fathers love of the Jewish people. It's not like the everyday German woman was doing anything except just being a citizen. She died before I was born but was suppose to be very very smart. My grandfather was a Gi met her over there and I guess she figured it was a good time to avoid the post WWII hell Germany was going to America with him. The Stough lineage was known for blacksmithing and gunsmithing. I've only traced back to her Grandfather, Draper Stough.

My Mom is from Smith's and Tysons and those are about as generic as you get.

I'm related to good ole George Wallace, the fun ex-Governor of Alabama,

FUN FACT

Did you know, Wallace had a speech writer named Asa Carter, and ex clansman of a violent nature, and also an extreme segregationist, and is credited with writing the slogan Wallace use "Segregation today, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever" , but when Wallace decided to run for Governor, he didn't invite Carter along for the ride.
So he ran against Wallace in 1970, and upon losing, moved to Texas, where he renamed himself Forrest Carter, and wrote the book "The Outlaw Josey Wales".
No shit.