anyone really good in Excel?

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
^_^
Marklar
₥5
I'm pretty good, but my buddy has a task outside of my skill set.

This thread is best viewed in "Night", no "Fairy Purple"

Kyle,

I have been very unsuccessful in attempts at my current project.

I am working in one book with three sheets. The last two sheets are blank. The third sheet is set up as an order form; the first column is used for an individual to input the quantity he/she would like to have of each item listed.

e.g.

Sheet1

Quantity_____Item____Weight _____Color
-----------_____-----_____--------_______------
____________Hat_______1lb._______Black
____________Coat______5lb._______Grey
____________Shoes_____4lb._______White
____________Belt_______.5lb_______Black

My goal is that if a quantity is entered (let’s say 10 is entered for Coats) that the entire row for coats appears as the first row in both Sheet2 and Sheet3. Then, if say the quantity 6 is entered for Belts, its entire row appears as the second row in both Sheet2 and Sheet3.

I hope I described my situation well enough!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

you can do the "=" thing so that cell a1 of worksheet 1 = cell x9 of worksheet 2

Does that make sense?

you're going to have to make the cell formula for the two other worksheets equal the cell on the order form. he needs to copy the cells on the order form, then go to the other two sheets and right click "paste special", and choose the "paste link" button.

smileynev said:
maybe before the turn of the century.
:( I learned Claris on a Mac Classic and that was the foundation for my excel expertise... which may explain why I don't know anything. :(

zengirl said:
:( I learned Claris on a Mac Classic and that was the foundation for my excel expertise... which may explain why I don't know anything. :(

I used Claris back in college on my powermac.

If I'm understanding that correctly, this is easy. Use and if statement with the condition if __ = 0, null; else ___ = xxx$page 3.

I took an entire college class that covered Excel. Alas, I remember very little.