Anyone played Half-Life 2 yet?

Percy Thrillington

Too Many People
Sep 30, 2004
66,496
34,203
1,323
51
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
My impressions so far:

While the whole steam authorization thing is the software equivilant of recieving a rectal exam from a 400-pound coked-up gorilla, its worth it to play the game.
The attention to detail is really amazing. The whole enviornment that you are thrust into is very immersive. The NPCs react to your presence by casting suspicious glances at you or walking around you as you approach. Even the guards get all pisses off if you get to close to them. Animations, textures, sounds, all that stuff seems top-notch.
And the gameplay itself is really cool so far. Im still in the beginning bit , being chased by the guards thruough the city, the only "monsters" Ive seen are the headcrabs, the damn celing dangler things and the basic heacrabzombie. The celing danglers are cool because you can throw trash at them (like a barrel or a box or something) and theyll grab it and pull it up like it was a live victim, allowing you to get past them without wasting ammo, but once they pull the trash all the way up and realize what it is, they throw it away and you can get hit by it if youre not well out of the way:p.
Anyways, thats all I can think of right now. Ill answer anyother questions if I can.


Was that nice enough 'nev?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Drool-Boy said:
My impressions so far:

While the whole steam authorization thing is the software equivilant of recieving a rectal exam from a 400-pound coked-up gorilla, its worth it to play the game.
The attention to detail is really amazing. The whole enviornment that you are thrust into is very immersive. The NPCs react to your presence by casting suspicious glances at you or walking around you as you approach. Even the guards get all pisses off if you get to close to them. Animations, textures, sounds, all that stuff seems top-notch.
And the gameplay itself is really cool so far. Im still in the beginning bit , being chased by the guards thruough the city, the only "monsters" Ive seen are the headcrabs, the damn celing dangler things and the basic heacrabzombie. The celing danglers are cool because you can throw trash at them (like a barrel or a box or something) and theyll grab it and pull it up like it was a live victim, allowing you to get past them without wasting ammo, but once they pull the trash all the way up and realize what it is, they throw it away and you can get hit by it if youre not well out of the way:p.
Anyways, thats all I can think of right now. Ill answer anyother questions if I can.


Was that nice enough 'nev?
Asshole.

You're making me want to build a new computer.
 

Percy Thrillington

Too Many People
Sep 30, 2004
66,496
34,203
1,323
51
Uranus
Steam
heyfubuddy
theacoustician said:
Asshole.

You're making me want to build a new computer.



Mines comfortable in the mid-range as far as the specs go, its a 2ghz AMD processor, 512mb ram and a FX5200 vid card, and it runs the game very smoothly at 800x600 at medium detail.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
okay I stopped over at my parent's place last night to check out Half-Life 2 - I was up till about 2:30-3:00 am playing it. It's really a lot of fun
 

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
35,593
4,667
673
43
Columbus, OH
Just re-formatted my computer (I've been wanting to do that for a while) and tweaked the hell out of it.

Now to see if I can finally get on steam.
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,389
23,180
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
elpmis said:
okay I stopped over at my parent's place last night to check out Half-Life 2 - I was up till about 2:30-3:00 am playing it. It's really a lot of fun

Are you kidding me with this 'dad is an FPS god' thing?
 

theacoustician

Flaccid Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,781
4
0
Drool-Boy said:
Mines comfortable in the mid-range as far as the specs go, its a 2ghz AMD processor, 512mb ram and a FX5200 vid card, and it runs the game very smoothly at 800x600 at medium detail.
Damn. I'd still need a new graphics card.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Coqui said:
and that makes him an FPS god?
I think you missed what I posted yesterday

he was nationally ranked in quake + back in the day raven software asked him to test out new maps on their special server, etc.

he might not be a true FPS god, depending on what you consider "godlike"

it's just funny that he is as good as he is at 54

the whole "d4d" thing is just cute

edit: yes he's played against Thresh
 

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
35,593
4,667
673
43
Columbus, OH
elpmis said:
I think you missed what I posted yesterday

he was nationally ranked in quake + back in the day raven software asked him to test out new maps on their special server, etc.

he might not be a true FPS god, depending on what you consider "godlike"

it's just funny that he is as good as he is at 54

the whole "d4d" thing is just cute


I saw the post. it's just I hear everyone doubting it that's all.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Coqui said:
I saw the post. it's just I hear everyone doubting it that's all.
I only saw fly doubting it, I guess when he comes to hang out in December I'll have to introduce him to him :lol:
 

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
71,389
23,180
1,073
Steam
mattressfish
elpmis said:
I think you missed what I posted yesterday

he was nationally ranked in quake + back in the day raven software asked him to test out new maps on their special server, etc.

he might not be a true FPS god, depending on what you consider "godlike"

it's just funny that he is as good as he is at 54

the whole "d4d" thing is just cute

edit: yes he's played against Thresh

I slighty think your serios and that has made a tightening in my pants for your father.
 
S

smileynev

Guest
Drool-Boy said:
My impressions so far:

While the whole steam authorization thing is the software equivilant of recieving a rectal exam from a 400-pound coked-up gorilla, its worth it to play the game.
The attention to detail is really amazing. The whole enviornment that you are thrust into is very immersive. The NPCs react to your presence by casting suspicious glances at you or walking around you as you approach. Even the guards get all pisses off if you get to close to them. Animations, textures, sounds, all that stuff seems top-notch.
And the gameplay itself is really cool so far. Im still in the beginning bit , being chased by the guards thruough the city, the only "monsters" Ive seen are the headcrabs, the damn celing dangler things and the basic heacrabzombie. The celing danglers are cool because you can throw trash at them (like a barrel or a box or something) and theyll grab it and pull it up like it was a live victim, allowing you to get past them without wasting ammo, but once they pull the trash all the way up and realize what it is, they throw it away and you can get hit by it if youre not well out of the way:p.
Anyways, thats all I can think of right now. Ill answer anyother questions if I can.


Was that nice enough 'nev?
I shall pour beer down your throat while rubbing yer belly and licking your toes.