Anyone play Oblivion yet?

shawndavid said:
We're stuck in the first level trying to beat some guy that shoots lightning shit at you. He's kind of guarding a circular area with subservients milling about. I've tried blocking the lightning looking shit but 2 hits and I'm dead. Doesn anyone have any thoughts?

Tried sneaking up and back stabbing the fukr?

also if you have the bow you can shoot the fgt from acrossed the room.
You can dodge the lightning shit since you can see it coming a mile away.
Just keep shooting till its dead

Drool-Boy said:
also if you have the bow you can shoot the fgt from acrossed the room.
You can dodge the lightning shit since you can see it coming a mile away.
Just keep shooting till its dead
bow fags are such... fags

Download the Golden Arrow mod (shop on the far eastern coast of the imperial lake), and pick up a Giant's Bow at the first opportunity. 32 damage, and you can repair it yourself since it's not magical. :cool:

Exploding arrows are awesome too. Flying corpses are magical to behold.

Sarcasmo said:
Download the Golden Arrow mod (shop on the far eastern coast of the imperial lake), and pick up a Giant's Bow at the first opportunity. 32 damage, and you can repair it yourself since it's not magical. :cool:

Exploding arrows are awesome too. Flying corpses are magical to behold.
wtf link ?

Also, visit Dorian in the Imp. City and kill him. Loot him and steal his money. 267 gold pieces, over and over and over and over every time you click on it.

I found this one out on accident, and have verified it on the web.

Godammit my guys a vampire now. Just as I was about to buy a house too. Do they sell houses to vampires? Does that ruin the property values?
Two thoughts on this. One, they must flash that youve aquired a disease for about 1/20th of a second at the top of the screen , cuz I never saw it. Two, as youre lollyboppin about, theres no way to KNOW you have a disease of any kind. Morrowind had a little indicator in the lower right corner that you could look up and see wtf you had. Not in oblivion tho, get a disease and youre fucked:mad: Guess thats my next quest is the cure

As far as I can tell vampires don't really affect the game that much. People can't tell you're a vampire unless you go without blood for too long.

If this happens your stats will skyrocket and you'll become very powerful, but your appearance will degrade to the point that everyone immediately knows you're a vampire and attacks you. It makes going into towns for supplies and whatnot pretty much impossible, which will annoy the shit out of you after a while. After slaughtering 200 guards in various places I ran out of patience with the whole thing.

Drool-Boy said:
Godammit my guys a vampire now. Just as I was about to buy a house too. Do they sell houses to vampires? Does that ruin the property values?
Two thoughts on this. One, they must flash that youve aquired a disease for about 1/20th of a second at the top of the screen , cuz I never saw it. Two, as youre lollyboppin about, theres no way to KNOW you have a disease of any kind. Morrowind had a little indicator in the lower right corner that you could look up and see wtf you had. Not in oblivion tho, get a disease and youre fucked:mad: Guess thats my next quest is the cure
I never saw it either. Kinda sucks. I keep filling up the grand soul gems I get, so I can't get the recipe for the cure from that bitch.

I reloaded one save back and looked in the "magic" page of my profile, and there it was. Some kind of hemophelia thing effecting my fatigue. I went to a church altar and it was cured. No vampire for me:)
On another note, I was trying to buy the fukn house in skingrad, and the one guy that you can buy it from was dead. I guess he got depressed or something cuz I found his body under the bridge just outside the castle. Fucking loser. I olny keep 5 saves, and he was dead in all of them. Whatta buncha crap.

Drool-Boy said:
I reloaded one save back and looked in the "magic" page of my profile, and there it was. Some kind of hemophelia thing effecting my fatigue. I went to a church altar and it was cured. No vampire for me:)
On another note, I was trying to buy the fukn house in skingrad, and the one guy that you can buy it from was dead. I guess he got depressed or something cuz I found his body under the bridge just outside the castle. Fucking loser. I olny keep 5 saves, and he was dead in all of them. Whatta buncha crap.

I think I killed him in your game as well. Sorry about that.

Drool-Boy said:
So YOURE the one been going around pushing orcs offa bridges.
YUO DENIED ME A HOUSE YOU BASTARD:mad:
I had to settle for the sub-standard hovel in Chorral:rant:

The one in Anvil is the best. It's basically free.