Anyone play(ed) Guild Wars?

Drool-Boy said:
Ya after reading a bit more about this, I think Ill stick with my single-player games. I have a copy of ultima 9 coming in the mail right now:cool:
Yeah I look at it this way, I may drink a lot and and eat like shit, but I don't look it, and I think that's because I value one thing and one thing only, sleep. If you take my sleep away from me (or anyone else) I don't care what you say, you'll feel and look like shit. Games like Guild Wars don't just take sleep away from you, they rape you of it. Totally and completely. Who the fuck needs or wants that kind of shit? Fuck it.

Drool-Boy said:
No.
Should I?

I think it kicks ass. It's easily one of my favorite games.

If you play straight through single player you have to do it like an actual SWAT member. No running pell-mell and shooting everything that moves. You get penalized for things very easily, and you are graded on your performance each map as determined by the difficulty level you choose. Elite requires a 95, for example, which I've never done. My highest is 84, I think. ( I accidentally shot a suspect in the leg, which was "unauthorized use of force". :fly: )

Also, it has unlimited replayability value due to random generation and placement of enemies each time you play, and the ability to create your own scenarios using the mission editor. (If you want a level with no hostages and 30 bad guys, or 30 hostages and 2 bad guys, etc.)

I would highly recommend it if you love single player first person shooters and great, realistic and tactical challenges. (You can also tweak your .ini file to give the shotguns a million rounds of ammo, or turn the taser gun into a thousand-yard sniper weapon. :fly: )

I played the demo of SWAT 4 a little bit. It was a little rough around the edges, but fun for the most part. Are there co-op missions?

KNYTE said:
I played the demo of SWAT 4 a little bit. It was a little rough around the edges, but fun for the most part. Are there co-op missions?

It has single player, coop, and multiplayer mode. I haven't tried coop yet. Multiplayer, which I've tried once, is hilarious though, because you get extra points for subduing and zip-cuffing opponents, which is pretty embarrassing if you're on the receiving end. Single player is friggin' sweet, and where I spend most of my time.

The SWAT tactics are of course what make the game. You can only take suspects out if they shoot first or come at you with a weapon up and aimed, you get penalized if you don't pick up every weapon the suspects drop, or report every dead or incapacitated person, etc. You even lose points if anyone on your team gets injured, which at least for me happens with regularity.

Drool-Boy said:
My old bust-ass pc probably wouldnt run it. FEAR made it shit itself.
It runs DOOM3 & HalfLife2 ok tho. weird.

If you can run Half Life 2 you can run SWAT 4. FEAR made my comp shit itself too, but I can run SWAT 4 no problem.

fly said:
:drool:

Any good (recent) PC co-op games?

Rainbow 6 III is ok, the bots are kind of stupid, but deadly accurate, you get killed from one shot (more or less), and that can make it frustrating to play for some people.

I haven't played the co-op of SWAT 4, but would like to check it out.

Last edited:
I think that the Rainbow 6 series was play WoW pretty good though I never played much play WoW past the first game. But my roommate and I in college play WoW used to play co-op mode and had a play WoW fucking blast with it. Never played the play WoW SWAT series though. Sounds interesting. But I just picked up play WoW a copy of Champions of Norrath this weekend for JJ and I play WoW to start playing since I can't find a freaking copy of play WoW Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance II anywhere.

:shifty: