Mean Mr. Mustard

Always shouts out something obscene
Sep 30, 2004
Uranus
Marklar
₥50,768
Steam
heyfubuddy
Some friends of mine are currently playing Guild Wars and want me to join in the nerdery. Have any of you fuckos played it, and if so what do you think?
Worth my fourty bucks or not?

Content-Eat my balls.

SpangeMonkee said:
WoW costs per month so you feel that you have to play. I woldn't mnd getting some Guild Wars. I'd wanna sell my copy of HL2 to pay for it.

Anyone wanna buy a copy of HL2?

cool, if we both get it then we can cybar:cool:

Thing about guildwars is it is not an open world. You are bound by roads and pathways and stuff. And from reading stuff when it first came out, the way you form parties and groups and stuff is kinda :tard:

Maybe it's improved.

bast_imret said:
Thing about guildwars is it is not an open world. You are bound by roads and pathways and stuff. And from reading stuff when it first came out, the way you form parties and groups and stuff is kinda :tard:

Maybe it's improved.
stfu wowhore

JJ Lady said:
What about BFF?

necklace_friends_forever2.jpg

fly said:
Ape finally has a PC beefy enough to play it. Sadly, we played it for like 3 hours last night. Saturday night. At home. :dont:

welp, that's it. Time to get married since it appears you already have settled down, lol :fly:

Edit: whoops, wrong account, this is bast.

I picked up GW when it came out, convinced a significant portion of my FPS clan to pick it up as well. I played it pretty religiously for 3 months or so and then went back to WoW. Here are some pro/con thoughts for you.

GW-PvE:

Linear PvE, you don't get a whole lot of options
Instanced Everything, which is nice because there aren't any smacktards griefing you, but it isolates you as well.
Minimal Weapon/Gear itemization. For most people it's either max or it's worthless, no inbetween.
Once you visit a town once you can map back to it at the touch of a button, eliminating travel time completely.

GW-PvP:

Low level PvP is a joke, don't even bother. There aren't any limits set on weapons/armor/skills, so it's fully possible for a level 7 character to be strutting around the first tier PvP arena with end-game everything.
End-game PvP is fast, like really fast. You get your group together, click join and 3-5 minutes later you have either won or lost, ready for the next rung up on the ladder. Once you get to the top-tier the competition is fierce and intense. PvP is the true reason for buying this game. If Random Arenas aren't your thing Guild vs Guild battles are pretty intense as well, fighting in your own guildhall and whatnot.

GW vs. WoW

WoW is structured to keep you coming back every month for more. They have detailed and complex story lines, they have thousands of hours of content, they have 60 levels of chewy RPG goodness. With the right group you can finish the PvE portion of GW in a weekend, for serious. As much more MMO as WoW has over GW, GW is a much more social game. It is absolutely imperative that you get together with a good group of people or your interest in this game wanes after you have finished the PvE content on your second (or third) character. The benefit of no monthly fees is a huge win for GW, meaning that even if you don't want to keep going with it, you don't have to. Just put all of your stuff into storage and log off... It'll be there when you come back.

If you guys do pick this up (or already have it) you can find me in game on:

Reverend Jekyll
Reverend Burninate
or
Reverend Smashalot

:)

Guild Wars is cool, but somewhere around my 200th hour of it, I got tired of wasting that much time playing the same game and neglecting not my life, but OTHER GAMES.