Anyone live or been to Baltimore?

heard they have good crab cakes.

The simple fact is that you cannot get a properly prepared blue crab, in cake form or otherwise, if you stray more than 50 or so miles from the Chesapeake Bay. It doesn't matter if the crab comes from here. It's the preparation that's material.

@Floptical-- if you do move here I shall teach you the gruesome, and sometimes painful, art of eating steamed crabs. It is involved and messy, and you don't eat 'till you're full-- you eat 'till you get tired. Nonetheless, many foreigners have prospered under my tutelage and learned to love the Maryland steamed crab.

My name is itburnswhenipee and I am a crab elitist.

Meh, my dad lives on the Eastern Shore, which is about the prettiest part of Maryland and it still sucks. Baltimore, although shitty and deadly, can be fun.

And we need to get together next time Im up there for some raping. I will def be there in July for elpmis' wedding, but Im sure I'll also be back before then.

The eastern shore is pretty, but kind of depressing. Baltimore is nice as long as you aren't a black drug dealer wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. That is how you get killed around here. It's otherwise reasonably safe. The mountains of western Maryland are very beautiful too. Columbia is a really neat town if you like planned communities, and it is very convenient to DC.

Last edited:
Well I won't be going to Baltimore. They decided they wanted to have someone in Tampa \so they offered me a very nice amount to stay here.

The simple fact is that you cannot get a properly prepared blue crab, in cake form or otherwise, if you stray more than 50 or so miles from the Chesapeake Bay. It doesn't matter if the crab comes from here. It's the preparation that's material.

@Floptical-- if you do move here I shall teach you the gruesome, and sometimes painful, art of eating steamed crabs. It is involved and messy, and you don't eat 'till you're full-- you eat 'till you get tired. Nonetheless, many foreigners have prospered under my tutelage and learned to love the Maryland steamed crab.

My name is itburnswhenipee and I am a crab elitist.
You eat till you're tired, because its impossible to eat until you're full. Crab is like sex as a preteen, a lot of fun but not very fulfilling.
The eastern shore is pretty, but kind of depressing. Baltimore is nice as long as you aren't a black drug dealer wearing blue jeans and a white shirt. That is how you get killed around here. It's otherwise reasonably safe. The mountains of western Maryland are very beautiful too. Columbia is a really neat town if you like planned communities, and it is very convenient to DC.
To be honest I've never been much further west than Baltimore. My step sis used to live over in Mount Airy, which was supposed to be nice but I never went there.
Remember he thinks any place but Tampa is a shithole.
Tampa is a shithole too, a hot shithole. Its just less of a shithole than the entire state of Ohio. ;)

You eat till you're tired, because its impossible to eat until you're full.

Yes, I thought I'd implied as much. That's what the beer and side dishes are for.

To be honest I've never been much further west than Baltimore. My step sis used to live over in Mount Airy, which was supposed to be nice but I never went there.

I thought you were from Michigan-- or at least somewhere in the rust belt. That's considerably further west than Baltimore.

Yes, I thought I'd implied as much. That's what the beer and side dishes are for.

I thought you were from Michigan-- or at least somewhere in the rust belt. That's considerably further west than Baltimore.

I meant in the state of Maryland. :D And btw (sit down before you read this), I can only eat crab in crabcakes. I hate crab otherwise.