Anyone know anything about the Coast Guard?

The quarry we dive in is an old lead qaurry where they hit a natural spring so it flooded... 200' or so to the bottom, some 'caves' at the bottom with train tracks and far back in one of them is a train that they didnt get out when the place flooded. Despite being a lead qaurry, they claim the waters safe.

Anyways, point being, alot of flooded qaurry's are becuase they hit natural springs.

The quarry we dive in is an old lead qaurry where they hit a natural spring so it flooded... 200' or so to the bottom, some 'caves' at the bottom with train tracks and far back in one of them is a train that they didnt get out when the place flooded. Despite being a lead qaurry, they claim the waters safe.

Anyways, point being, alot of flooded qaurry's are becuase they hit natural springs.

Nice! How far from you is it?

The one I went to is about 3.5 hours away, obviously the ocean is just a wee bit closer :lol:

that's probably about the time you kick your site geologist's ass

cliffs on argument/debate?

they were watching some airplanes about the time of a space shuttle launch and zaccypoo says the planes could have been the chaser jets that are in the air for launch. the problem is they were 200 miles from the launch site and shawn says it would be impossible to see the chaser jets from that great a distance.

they were watching some airplanes about the time of a space shuttle launch and zaccypoo says the planes could have been the chaser jets that are in the air for launch. the problem is they were 200 miles from the launch site and shawn says it would be impossible to see the chaser jets from that great a distance.

I thought there were only chaser jets on landing, not takeoff? how is a jet going to help in a launch?

The water table is like a rubber sheet that's x feet underground, you will always hit it. 'Springs' are where the water table meets the surface, a spring in a quarry is a result of the quarry being too deep for the area where it's situated. So the 'springs' are anything but natural. Water probably is safe though, lead is usually mined from galena (though it depends on where you are) and exposure to inorganic lead through your skin is like, itty bitty bit. I wouldnt go if I was preggers though.

Consequently if you like lived in a swamp >.> It means the aquifier is right near the surface so the only way to get rid of surface water is to make depressions in the rubber sheet (dig massive holes). Each depression (hole) lowers the relative level of the aquifier (yay my basement isnt flooding anymore). This is what people mean when they say to drain things. It's also why many municipal wells in a close area will put the quifier out of reach.

Artesian hydrosphere's work differently though >.>

This is one of the resaon I built a road through my back yard.

Last edited:

This put the nail on the coffin of thread for me.

Nerds.

This put the nail on the coffin of thread for me.

Nerds.

Its fun to watch them argue and bring out the math behind it. It has been going on for well over a month.

You can't see a plane low to the earth from Tampa in Cape Canaveral because of the earths curve obviously, but when the plane is chasing a shuttle that is leaving the earths atmosphere that is where the possibility strikes.

/trying to shuffle up more arguments.

100 miles, but who's counting. :p